Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Even Our Birds Are Patriotic!

January 31, 2012

Good morning, and say goodbye to January.  The sun is peeking in and out and the temperature is quite comfortable (45).  On top of that, I think I just might beat this cold.  At least I feel much better this morning.  I'd have been here sooner but I was looking for information about our local park, D.W. Fields Park. 

It was donated to the city of Brockton by Daniel Waldo Field many years ago, and spreads out over 700 acres.  There are many ponds and trails, and it is home to so many birds and water fowl.  One point of interest is the Observation Tower.  I've never actually gone in and climbed to the top, but one of these days I just might do that.  Here's a photo of the tower. 


Another note of interest is our patriotic birds' homes.  I just had to photograph this one on my way out of the park the other day. 


The mail lady brought Tootsie a package this morning.  Yeah!  Her new travel carrier finally arrived, and  I think it's going to work out just fine.  It could be a bit longer, but then it might not go under the seat on the plane.  There is not a lot of room to move things on the floor and by the seats on today's planes.  I put her in it for a few minutes, and even zipped it up to see if she had room to lay down.  Barely!  But it will have to do.  It will work out just fine for taking her out walking and to flea markets, etc.

It's almost noon, so I think I'll see about making some lunch.  I bought some roast beef so my Tootsie is in for a treat.  This is one of her favorites.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

Edna, I’m glad to hear that your cold is starting to move on its way out!

The observation tower looks so cool! I’d settle for taking pictures of the tower now, but it’s got to be a fabulous view! I love the patriotic birds too! :D

Does Tootsie usually sleep on plane rides? I think if I had a smaller space than I’m used to, I’d sleep.

Keep counting down to vacation while feeling better!
Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

I don't know if I'd be brave enough to fly with Baxter (aka She Devil). Hopefully I'll never have a need to, especially once we have our house on wheels.