Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Boo Boo Kisses

January 24, 2012

The sun is shining and it's quite nice outside this morning.  This is supposed to be the warmest day of the week.  Even tonight should be in the 40's all through the night.  Oh my!  I can surely handle this kind of winter weather!

Even so, I am still looking forward to going to Florida for two weeks.  I'm just waiting for Tootsie's new carry on to get here.  Once I know that is all set, I can buy our plane tickets.  Thirty three more days and we're off to play for two weeks.  We'll be home in time to celebrate Spring. 

Now that brings up another cheerful subject.  It's almost time to be shopping for new flower bulbs and plants.   This is one chore that I absolutely love.  This year, we are going to try to put in some plants that will bloom in the shade.  There are some shady spots that could use some prettying up. 

Today I have a few more photos of special gifts to share with you.  This first one could make your dear hubby want to bang his finger with a hammer just to get a Boo Boo Kiss.  (some men would!)

This next one is one of my favorites.  You never know when there might be a water shortage.  These could really come in handy.


Dehydrated water is a very good item to keep on hand.  And just think of all the space you save.  No more cases of bottles taking up a lot of room.  Just think, with these capsules, you could slip a whole case of water in your purse and have it handy wherever you are.

Okay, I promise no more special gifts for a while.  I'll stick to photography, for now.  I'm not having any luck getting people to pose for portraits.  Maybe Eddie will be willing.  He'll be here shortly to finish the ceiling in my pantry.  I guess he'll be doing little swirls on it because I won't let him do any sanding.  Last time he sanded, it took me a long time to clean up all the dust.  So we won't go there again!

Now I think I should get going here and at least get dressed.  We might even get outdoors for a little while today.  I think Tootsie would like that.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a really nice day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

Edna, I like your special gifts, not as mu8ch as your photos, but I still like them quite a lot!

I had the kiss bandaids when my nieces were little (and Spongebob and Barbie and stripes) and yes, they got boo-boos that no one could see that could mysteriously be cured with a bandaid. LOL

Hope your portraits turned out well!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Just as we are almost celebrating we didn;t have real winter they announced on the weather channel, that around the weekend temps are dropping. But... it will , perhaps, freeze a bit, only during the night and at daytime temps will be above zero. So, I am not worrying yet, a few days of colder weather might even do good to the plants.
Oh, I found you a couple of websites that might interest you concerning the planting in shady areas of your garden.
May be they can help by selecting some bulbs or even plants.
Have a wonderful day.

http://www.dutchbulbs.com/search/light?light=shade
http://springhillnursery.com/shade-plants/c/1718/
http://apps.rhs.org.uk/plantselector/selectionresults?sn=189&op=0
http://www.finegardening.com/PlantGuide/PlantFinder.aspx?274=4&264=4

There is lots more to find, but these are pretty good, I think
Hugs
Kyra