Saturday, January 14, 2012

Duplicate Card Readers On The Way!

January 14, 2012

It's 5:10 a.m. and very dark outside my window.  The temperature is 30 degrees and shooting for 31 degrees.  That doesn't sound right, does it?  Ah well, who am I to argue with the weatherman.  He says that tonight will get down to around 7 degrees.  I'm not so crazy about this part!

Yesterday, I searched online for prices on the lens that I might be asking Santa for next Christmas.  Oh my, sticker shock!!  Santa sent me an email that  read "Girl, this one's a biggie.  Have you given any thought to just renting it?"  (You just gotta love this guy!)

Well, yes I have.  In the past, whenever I wanted to try out a lens I would contact the "LensGiant" company.  I have rented for periods of three and four weeks.  When you're thinking of getting a lens that costs many many thousands of dollars, this is a great way to go.  Actually, you can rent most any lens.  It's easy, and the customer service is great.  Check them out.

Today's photos are ones that I took yesterday at work.  The clouds were putting on a spectacular show, and I just couldn't resist taking photos.




God's beauty is something I just never get tired of.  I just wish I had gotten into photography many years earlier.  Although with my busy schedule then, I probably wouldn't have had any time for it.  With a little help from above, I still have close to thirty more years to play with my camera.  Why not?  I'm always reading stories in the newspaper about other folks over 100 who still lead active lives.  Food for thought!

This morning, I went online to Comp USA, and order me a set of card readers.  One for my little laptop, and one to leave in my purse.  I feel so lost when I forget to take my little tekky toys with me wherever I go.  I also found another fabulous online store.  If you take a lot of photos with your cell phone, check out The PhotoJoJo Store.  They have some fascinating toys for Phonographers.

Last night I took one of the dwarfs food shopping.  While I was there, I took advantage of a great meat sale.  5 packages of meat for $25.00.  When I got home, I cooked up a scrumptious steak for Tootsie and me.  Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm!  For $5, we pigged out!!

Today, I'll be taking two dwarfs shopping at Walmart.  I still need to pick up a couple cases of spring water and more doggie dinners.  Oh, and I'd better not forget the fly spray!  We haven't found out where the darn things are coming from yet, so I'll just have to stay well armed.

Well, that's all the news for this morning.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

Isn't PhotoJojo fabulous? I think my favorite gift I got David was the flash drive in a film canister. I told him it was the first of his 12 steps! LOL

You talk about needing your techie toys, me too! David is still the "silver halide dinosaur" he introduced himself to me as, but he's evolving now. Still when he opened his card reader on Christmas morning, he looked at me and aid, "I assume I need this to shoot digital, but what is it?"

There really are places where you can rent high grade tech stuff like expensive lenses! I rented a computer projector for the photo presentation I did for my Dad's 60th birthday party for a very reasonable price, from Texas no less! The internet is just wonderful for making things available and affordable!

I agree that the clouds were definitely posing yesterday. Nice shots!

You and Tootsie keep warm!
Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

I had no idea you could rent lenses - what a great idea to try them out before you invest in the purchase. You continue to amaze me. It's not as windy today, much nicer but with Thunderstorms scheduled for tomorrow.