Friday, February 11, 2011

Just Two More Weeks Till Vacation!

February 11, 2011
*
Good morning. It's a gorgeous (and very cold) sunny morning here in New England. On my way to work this morning, I realized that between 6:30 and 6:37, daylight happened. I left my house in darkness, and drove most of the way to work in daylight. Now I definitely like that!!!
*
Just before I got to work, I had to pull over by the roadside and grab my camera. Nearby, there was a whole family of deer, and I just had to get me some photos. I'll save those for tomorrow though.
*
Yesterday, after calling the airline and asking questions about sizes allowed for carry ons, I decided to return Tootsie's new carrier. BUT - I also re-ordered the same one in a smaller size more appropriate for her size. They go by the weight of the dog. Plus the bigger one was too big for a carry on. When the new one gets here, I'll be sure to take photos of my little miss riding in it.
*
After asking the lady at the airline a ton of questions, I finally got our airline tickets to Florida. Mine and Tootsies! And I saved $300 by shortening my trip by one day. I can live with that! Now all that's left is to decide what and how to pack for the trip.
*
I also had a really nice surprise yesterday. Dee Dee and Eddie stopped by for a while, and brought me the most beautiful bouquet of orange roses. That's my favorite color!!! And oh, oh, oh!!! Are these roses just gorgeous!!!!! And they smell so good!
*

It's time for me to wrap this up now. I'm at work and the Mrs. is starting to wake up. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Such gorgeous roses!!!
Your trip is definately approaching. Good idea to take a smaller carrier for Tootsie. She will look stunning in it!
And yeah, one can live with one day less holiday if that saves $300! You can do a lot of nice things with that money.!
Central heating works again. Wasn't all too expensive, but we might have to think about a new kettle. Oops, that is rather big money. We will think it over.
You have a lovely day now! Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Daylight is wonderful and I fear I will miss it when I return to Wisconsin at the end of this month. Where in Florida are you heading? I've never traveled with our cat so am curious as to how that works. I love your photos - you're much more diligent than I am.