Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Fresh Air Did Me In

February 17, 2011
*
Good morning. Gosh it's so late! Tootsie and I were up at 4 am so that she could use her potty papers, but then we went back to bed. And boy oh boy, did I sleep!!
*
It must have been from all that fresh air yesterday. Eddie took me out to do a bit of car shopping. Oh my, what a huge surprise the price tags were. I did find a couple that I really liked, but oh those price tags!!! I guess I'm going to have to sit down and re-figure what I am looking for, and then try again.
*
Yesterday, I had a comment that the icicle photo looked doctored a bit in Photoshop. You are absolutely correct. However, what I did was to adjust the color levels and sharpen it just a tiny bit. I don't really understand how to use all of the things that are on my camera, so lots of times what I see in the viewfinder is not quite what I get for a photo. I'm referring to things like ISO, White Balance, F-Stops, etc.
*
Plus, at work, I am almost always shooting through one or two panes of glass that have not been cleaned on the outside for quite a while. Therefore when I look at an icicle that the sun is making a color play on, it sometimes looks a bit washed out on the actual photo. Keep in mind, I try never to change the original photo, just brighten it a bit. Here is another photo to show what I mean.
*
This is what came from the camera.


This one has had the color levels adjusted.
And this one has been sharpened just a tad.
*
Most all of my photos are hand held. I don't usually have my tripod with me. However, I use "continuous shoot" most of the time. This way, I know I am bound to get some decent photos, along with a few nice surprises. So there you have it. Icicles are just not the easiest thing to photograph. But like most photographers, I have Photoshop to help me bring out the best in some photos.
*
Maybe after I get back from vacation, I will take some time out for me and either enroll in a photography school, or a good camera club. By then, the taxes, and all the other pressing things will be done with.
*
That's all for this morning. (Gee whiz! It's almost time to make Tootsie's lunch!!) I did try taking a few photos of Tootsie in her new carrier, but she will not get into it. She just does not like this smaller one. So, I'll have to come up with another plan. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: