Monday, July 12, 2010

Still Waiting For A Sprinkle Or Two

July 12, 2010
*
Ah, good morning. It's 8:05 am and I've been home for just a little while. Miss Tootsie has enjoyed her morning chicken treats, and has managed to hornswaggle a couple more little treats from Uncle Moo. She's one smart little cookie, that kid!!

So far this morning it is quite comfortable outside. A bit sticky, but still in the 70's. Of course, in another hour or two that will all change to hot hot wowee! The weatherman still keeps on saying that we may have some showers today or tomorrow, but for this we just have to wait and see. We sure could use a sprinkle or two. A lot of the lawns are brown and there are a lot of burn spots on trees and plants. One of my hostas is all burned and shrivelly.

Today I have to look for fencing again. Oh joy! I had this darling little money bush in the back yard, but it seems to have shrivelled up and died in all this heat. So I guess I won't be retiring for quite some time. The house and Miss Tootsie are very needy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining. I'm very thankful to be able to go to work and meet the expenses.

Last night I was able to finish up the template challenge for the Magickal Scraps forum. Snowy provided the template, and I wracked my brain to come up with a pleasing layout. Sometimes I can try for hours, then all at once everything will fall into place quickly. That's how this challenge went, but I'm happy with the way it turned out.
*
Today I have a couple of photos of my little birdie friends. This first little sparrow was sitting on my newspaper post enjoying a tasty seed.
*
And, as you can see, this next little fellow is sitting on the clothes line waiting for the rain to stop. Obviously, these photos were taken last month when we had a bit more of the wet stuff.
*
Now I think I want to spend a little time playing with Miss Tootsie. If I knew what time UPS was coming to deliver a package, I might even squeeze in a little nap this morning. But that will have to wait till after my package arrives.
*
I'm starting to yawn quite a bit here, so perhaps I should make myself a cup of coffee. The caffeine might help me to stay awake as long as I need to. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay cool and have a magnificent day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Snowy said...

I know what you mean with the fryness, our grass is all brown and we had two big fires here yesterday! Written about it on my blog today.We had a little rain ths morning and in the night , but not enough. The template is looking great -lots of texture, love it !Hope you finally find a fence you like. Lots of love to Erik, and waiting for more fantastic "Moo photos",lol -Hugs Snowy

Snowy said...

Dryness-not fryness-although it looks like some of the plants have been fried,lol