Thursday, July 8, 2010

Chip, Chip, Chip Away!

July 08, 2010
*
Good morning all. And yes, it is still quite lovely outside at the moment. It is 8:40 a.m. and the hot and muggy stuff should be here shortly. My work crew should be here soon too to get things ready for the "Chipper Machine" that is being delivered at 10 a.m. Today will be spent clearing away all the branches and small trees that have been cleared away. And, hopefully, the dead trees on the side will be taken down and chipped too.

Yesterday I got all excited when the new fence materials were delivered. But that did not last long. I was not very happy with the so called "crap" that was delivered to my yard. I called the store and spoke to the manager and told him to send his truck back and take it away. I was very upset, but he was very nice about everything. He actually came back with the truck driver to look it over and help load it back on to the truck.

You know, I can be quite insistent on what I do or do not want, but I believe that when I am the paying customer, I should have that right. The fence I ordered looked pretty good at the store. The fence that was delivered looked pretty flimsy and had a lot of cracks and holes and crooked or split pieces. Later today, much later when it is cooler, I will try to get back to the store and see about getting another new fence.

This whole thing of clearing the yard is becoming quite a large project, and very expensive. But I think when it is done, it will look quite nice, and I think Mr. B. would have really liked it. I may even be able to sit out once in a while and enjoy it.

Had enough of my babble? I think so. Today's photos are a bit varied. Do you remember when I showed that photo of the Golden Rain tree? Well the blossoms have been long gone and this is what it looks like now. Reminds me of a hanging veggie garden.
*




Next, we have a little bee busy collecting nectar from the butterfly bushes.
*
For my last two photos, I thought I would try something different. At work the other night, I put the light on over the kitchen sink and pretty soon the outside of the windows were covered with little moths. I guess they were attracted to the light. So I thought I would try to photograph them. The photos are not great as the outside of the windows were not clean and the flash picked up all the dirt. But they are still interesting so I thought I would share them.
*
*
Aha, I just heard the sound of an electric saw outside, so that means that my crew is already at work taking down the two dead trees. Woo Hoo! I think it's time for me to scoot into the bedroom and get dressed. The Chipper machine will here pretty soon too. So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: