Monday, July 26, 2010

Our East Coast Is Broiling!

July 26, 2010
*
Good morning. It's not quite 6 am here and the temperature is quite comfy at the moment. The days have been scorchers lately. My Audrey tells me that with the heat index, the temperature was 123 degrees a couple of days ago, and not much better the other days. People are being told to keep their pets indoors and to check on their elder neighbors. Gosh, we wait all year for summer to get here so that we can get out and play, and then it's too hot to play!!

This morning starts Miss Tootsie's next round of chemo treatments. Plus, I have to call my mechanic to see if he can take my car tomorrow. It needs a check up, an oil change, and the air conditioner isn't blowing cold air anymore. Soon, it will be time (August) to have another safety check and get a new sticker.

Yesterday, while Tootsie was at the beauty salon, I went to the park to shoot some photos, and you'll never guess!!! The park was closed to the public. The city was holding a walk-a-thon or something like that and using the park for part of it. This is not funny. I was so hoping to try this rental lens out. Today, I have to return it.

Once I picked Tootsie up, we treated ourselves to a Dairy Queen ice cream, and drove to another edge of the park close to the street. Here, I got a few photos, just not what I had in mind. About all we could see was some folks fishing, lots of lily pads, and an assortment of bugs.
*
And here is my little sweetie in her car seat. Isn't she just a love? This was taken right after a very hot stroll in the sun. Poor little thing gobbled up some water as soon as we got back into the car.
*
I think once I have learned to use this lens, I could really love it. It's not too heavy, and it does both close up and far away. Not too shabby!
*
Once we got home, I tried to keep busy so that I would be awake for the forum chat at 3pm, but my body won out, and I finally had to take a nap. After a couple of hours sleep, I checked and the forum ladies were still busy chatting and setting up the new forum. Things are looking good there, so now I can't wait for it to officially open.
*
Well, it's 6:15 am now, and soon I will be getting ready to go home and start my day. There is just no rest for the wicked!! So till tomorrow, stay cool, and Y'all have a simply marvelous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Great photos of the dragonfly ! I can understand your diappointment finding the park closed.I just looked up Walden Pond and it looks a beautiful area full of photo opportunities. Maybe if I'm a really good girl Erik can take me there ,lol- no idea how long a drive that will be , but it doesn't look too far on the map.Take it easy in that heat- hugs Snowy