Saturday, November 7, 2009

A New Award

November 07, 2009

The weatherman promised us a gorgeous morning today, and he was right. It is simply grand outdoors this morning. Hopefully, we can get out today to shoot a few pictures. Today is my last day of this wonderful visit with my oldest child, so a photo shoot would be a nice way to spend some time together.

This morning, Audrey has been in the kitchen making breakfast for all of us. Biscuits and sausage gravy!!! Mmmmmmm!! The dwarfs really do enjoy this extra bit of spoiling and attention. Needless to say, they just love her to pieces.

Sad to say, this week I have really neglected my projects on the computer. I also haven't really had much time to spend chatting on MSN. But I promise to do better real soon. Also sad to say, this week has really flown by too quickly.

This morning I opened my email to find a lovely surprise. A new award from my friend Mary Ann. This is the first blog award she has made and I think she has done a marvelous job with it. Thank you so much, Mary Ann. Being a friend to you is so easy and such a pleasure.

I also have a couple of beautiful photos to share with you today. I am always telling Audrey to take advantage of all the beautiful photo opportunities that her part of the country has to offer. The scenery in Virginia is just beautiful, and the sunsets and sunrises are just gorgeous. Of course, maybe I am just biased. I haven't traveled to all of the states, and I'm sure they are all equally beautiful. Today's photos are ones that Audrey took of a gorgeous Virginia sunrise. Nice work Rummage Baby!!!
*
Want an update on my new laptop? Well, Thursday afternoon I dropped it off at Staples for the new upgrade install. They must have really wanted me out of their hair in a hurry because yesterday morning they called to say that it was ready to be picked up. When I got there in the afternoon, the gentleman behind the counter pointed to a laptop on another counter and asked "Is that your laptop?" I answered "I don't know, I cannot see it." He looked a bit disgusted with me, but brought the laptop over to the counter we were at.
*
After opening it and turning it on so that I could see that it WOULD turn on, he handed me a piece of paper with a lot of things checked off and asked me to sign it. The things that were checked off were different things that they were supposed to have done to the laptop. I put MY check mark next to the only one that I could see might have been done, and signed the paper. It was the only way to get my laptop back.
*
Then we had a DISCUSSION OF SORTS about why they did not re-install the two months of Norton Anti Virus program that I had paid for along with the price of the laptop. Needless to say, this was not a win-able argument, but I just had to spout off and let him know how unhappy I was at the store policy that is so unfair to the customers. Then I took my laptop and went home.
*
Wayne came by and picked up the laptop and a couple of my programs. Before any of the programs can be used, he still has to go online and download two more programs before Windows 7 Pro will allow any of my programs to work. Microsoft is making billions on this operating system. It doesn't work with anything until the customer spends a lot more money on upgrades and other things. It's nice to be BIG!! Huh, Microsoft??????
*
Before I leave you, I want to thank you, Crooknees, for your lovely comments about my family. I have a large family, and I'm quite proud of them all. Between us, my husband and I had eight children, seven of whom married. Then along came 20 grandchildren, and 5 great grandchildren. Whew!! Talk about bunnies!!! All this from just two people!!
*
I'm off now, and I wish Y'all a magnificent day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Wow ! The photos Audrey took are just beutiful - the talent obviously runs in the family,lol. Yes, Crooknees is right - and it's wonderful to have such a nice big family ! Lol- makes me feel lonly just looking at the pictures, just good I have so many nice friends in all of you!
Hugs Snowy