Monday, November 9, 2009

For Joy! My Laptop Works!! So Far!

November 9, 2009

It's a bit cool, but sunny this morning. I'm at work and the Mrs is sleeping, so I get to play on my new laptop for a bit. So far, we have managed to get Photoshop installed and working, and last night I managed to install my puzzles. Oh for joy, I do miss those puzzles when I don't have them. Later today, I will see about installing my Hoyle's Card games.

Miss Audrey got back to Virginia before 1p.m, and Hubby and Miss Bea took her out to dinner to celebrate her being back home. For those of you who do not know Miss Bea, she is a lovely lady that Audrey met many many moons ago. Miss Bea needed a friend and lots of TLC, so Audrey took her home and she has been a part of the family ever since. Care-giving seems to run in my family. But that is a good thing to be proud of.

The ladies in the forum have been naughty again. They posted a picture of Snow White and her seven Dwarfs, and then asked how many dwarfs I had living at my house, and what were their names. First, I had to fix one of the dwarfs to match my guys, and then I had to add another dwarf for my brother. Here is our Dwarf Family. The poem was written by our very own Kyra.






















Is this not a lovely family picture? I agree it is a bit unusual, but it works for us. I also want to share a photo of the lovely floral basket that my friends, Rhoda & Marshal sent to me. Hey guys, thank you so much. The flowers are just beautiful, and in all my favorite colors.
*





















While we were at the park Saturday, I was able to get some nice photos of the swans. They are so beautiful and graceful. I am always in awe of how so many different species of birds can live in one pond, and get along so well. Us human folks need to stop and take some lessons from Nature.
*
This first photo is of a pair of swans, and the second is a really nice close-up - my favorite kind of photo. Mary Ann, I know you will ask, so I will tell you that the lens is a Canon EFS 17-85mm IS. It was my first lens purchase after I bought my Rebel XT. That camera has gone to it's new owner who is absolutely thrilled to bits. Now for my swans.
*
*
That's it for this morning. The Mrs will be waking soon now and wanting her breakfast. Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it's off to work I go. Y'all have a marvelous day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

I loooooove Swans ! These pics a marvelous-I know I keep saying that,lol. Glad to hear your laptop is working so far -the most important program as well,lol.
I'm at work again just having a little break and thought I quickly check your blog,lol. Hugs:)