Friday, November 20, 2009

Another Wet, Gray Day

November 20, 2009

What a lovely, yet wet, morning. The temperature is about 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I could take this all winter. I'm at work now, waiting for the Mrs. to awaken and want her breakfast. A few minutes ago, I went outside to take a few photos. There are plants still producing new sprouts and buds. One is a hanging geranium plant whose leaves were all beginning to die off. Now, with a few warm days, there are lots of new leaves on it.























Not one of my best shots, but when it's raining, I tend to move quickly. I am just fascinated at how the plants do their best to bloom as long as possible. Something for me to work on. Maybe I should look into the rain hoods that they make for cameras. Hmmmmm.
*
Yesterday, I had big plans to go out shopping and get my holiday boxes packed. Well, at least I had plans! However, as the day played out, I did none of these things. Instead, I did the mundane stuff like laundry and putting out the recycle trash. We have special barrels for everything. One for paper, one for plastic, and one for metal and glass. Then of course, we have the regular trash barrels. The regular trash has cut down tremendously since we started the recycling.
*
Today I brought my address list with me so that I can maybe get some of my holiday cards started. I do this while the Mrs has her meals and her nap. Every little bit helps. Then on my way home later, I plan to go "box" shopping.
*
In case anyone is wondering whether or not Moo has been willingly posing for the pictures I have been posting, the answer is yes. This way he has a photographic record of everything to keep with his medical files. Also because he wanted to show off his good fortune. Believe me, if it were my nose, I would shout it to the world "Look, look! it's new and it looks great!!"
*
I would like to thank all of you for your thoughtful words and wishes for Moo. I know they helped to keep his spirits way up through all of this.
*
Before I leave you, I have one more photo to share. I took this one this morning of the decorated mailbox out front here. It is such a joyful sight, and so typical of our country towns. Enjoy, and Y'all have a marvelous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*

No comments: