Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dripping Wet And Beautiful

November 21, 209

Let me tell you, yesterday morning the rain came down fast and furious. Then by 11 o'clock, the rain had stopped and the sun was shining brightly. This is the kind of weather that New England is famous for. Very changeable at a moment's notice. The rest of the day was absolutely gorgeous. This morning, even though the sun is shining, is a bit chilly. I guess it's time to call for fuel again.

Yesterday, I did try to get some nice rain photos, but it was just not to be. One shot was pretty though. It was the flag with raindrops dripping from it. A bit colorful and interesting, and very beautiful.























Rain is not so easy to photograph. I did get some shots of the rain from the back of the house, but they were so drab and not interesting. Ah well, I keep trying. One of these days, I'll get it right.
*
I did take all my envelopes and address lists with me so that I could get started on my holiday cards. At least I meant well. I sat down to start them and realized that I had the folder for the addresses, but not the addresses. So much for that great idea!! As my mother used to say, it's a good thing my head is screwed on tightly to my neck, or I would lose it!!
*
On my way home, I did manage to remember to stop for shipping cartons. Now, at least, I can get my holiday boxes packed and ready for mailing. I would like to have most everything out by next week. At least, that's the plan.
*
Now I think I will leave you and get started on those boxes. Before I go, let me share a couple of cute photos from yesterday afternoon. Once the sun came out, the birds were back to feed and bathe. Here's one little bird, (I believe this is a mockingbird) who had a delightful time in the birdbath. Enjoy, and Y'all have a fantastic day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*

2 comments:

Snowy said...

What a cute bird ! Love it! Lol- I think they must have called it New Endland because the weather is the same as in England - we are also famous for the same.
Hugs Snowy

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Your bird photos as always are gorgeous. It's not a bird I am familiar with. For photographing rain you must use your action settings with as low of a ISO as you can get away with and still stop action. The hardest part is having something behind the rain to give it color as rain is translucent clear and only has color reflective statis. Happy shooting. Mary Ann