Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Black Friday

November 27, 2009

Good morning. So here it is, Black Friday, as the retail world calls it. On my way to work this morning, I was thinking about that $3 coffee pot that Moo wanted to go shopping for this morning. I believe the store opened at either 4 or 5 a.m. Of course, all the fantastic deals would have been scooped up within a half hour. Amazing how so many people will wait in a long line at an ungodly hour for so few things. (We all know that there is probably only a dozen coffee pots per store, if that many!)

Well, anyway! Back to that $3 coffee pot. Can you imagine standing in that wicked mob at 4 or 5 this morning in the POURING RAIN for a stupid coffee pot? You heard me correctly. It has been pouring rain for hours, and it is very raw outside. In the 40's. (that's Fahrenheit).

Somehow, that makes my cup of instant coffee sound really delicious!! Actually, I use the individual coffee bags (like tea bags). The coffee tastes good, and it's quick. Even if I had that $3 coffee pot, I couldn't drink a whole pot of coffee. And goodness knows, I can't drink the coffee that Moo makes because it is so strong it would put hair on my chest!!!

I just found out that "spell check" doesn't do a very good job. I misspelled a word -- I wrote "ling" instead of "line" and when I clicked on Spell Check, it said everything was correct. I guess maybe Microsoft needs to go back to elementary school and learn how to spell.

Did everyone have a big dinner yesterday? We had such a feast at our house, and most of the dwarfs were in attendance for dinner. And wow! What a dinner! Moo roasted a turkey, and cooked all sorts of veggies. One of my favorites is mashed potatoes and turnips. Ever tried it? It is just scrumptious!! Of course we had squash and carrots, stuffing and cranberry sauce, celery with cream cheese and olive stuffing, biscuits, pies, etc.

Miss Tootsie enjoyed her dinner tremendously. Roast turkey is one of her favorites, along with roast chicken, roast beef, and most other meats. (This is a very smart doggie! Why settle for dog food when you can have the good stuff?)

At Magickal Scraps forum, we had some marvelous news. One of our members, Maitri, gave birth to a beautiful baby boy a couple of days ago. Here is a picture of mom and Master Duncan Robert. Wow, isn't he gorgeous?



















I made a Quick Page for Maitri to scrap one of Baby Duncan's new photos, but I will show that another day. I think Maitri should get first peek. I also started working on some holiday ornaments. When they are done, I shall post them here as freebies.
*
Time for me to skedaddle now. The Mrs. will be waking soon, so I need to get her breakfast tray ready. Y'all have a fantabulous day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: