Wednesday, July 1, 2020

The Birthday Lunch

July 1, 2020

Good morning.  It's supposed to be another gray, wet day with temps in the seventies.  We'll take it and enjoy it because the hot and humid stuff will be back soon.  

As I mentioned before, Deanne has to work tomorrow on her birthday, so we celebrated yesterday on her day off.  I dug out an old photo of the birthday girl.  Isn't she just the cutest?  I'm thinking that her granddaughter looks a lot like her.


We ordered lunch from Olive Garden, picked it up and brought it back here to eat on the porch.  It was Fettuccini Alfredo, salad and breadsticks.  And yes, it was super delicious.


After we ate, I gave her the Denim Blue poncho that I made for her.  I think it looks great on you, Deanne.  Wear it in good health.


And that's her new tiny black smart car that Eddie got for her.  Now I'm wondering if I should sell my car and get me a little smart car too.  Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

Today I'll get back to finishing the dark blue hat, then the neck warmer sets will be done for now.  I've been so busy working on the denim blue poncho that I had to let the men's sets wait a bit.  But it was worth it.  I have another poncho to make for a Christmas gift but I think there's plenty of time for that.  I'll be working to finish the navy blue afghan next.  Busy hands keep me going.

Somewhere in between my projects, I would still like to try rock painting.  Gosh, I just need a few more hours in each day to do everything I want to do.  I'd like to get back to sewing too.  Alas, the hours are too few.  

You know, I have trouble texting because my fingers keep touching the wrong keys.  I just figured out why.  I use my fingers and other folks use their thumb nails.  Well, dang!  I'll have to try it their way to see if it gets easier for me.  

Now I'm going to finish my coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

Steve Reed said...

It's great that you have so many projects. It's good for you! I love the new poncho, and the Smart Car too! I would seriously consider a Smart Car if I ever had to buy a car (which fortunately I haven't had to do in many years).

smiekeltje said...

Looks as a great lch! And in advance already Happy Birthday to Deanne. Tomorrow I will have a company on visit for the windows, also our neighbor, so if I get in time trouble may be, I did the wishes LOL!
Hmmm, that Smart Car looks ever so nice! Could be a good decision for you.
The poncho loos wonderful on Deanne. Lovely workby you!

Time for some TV now, so wishing you a fantastic day.
Hugs
Kyra

Dee Jaynes said...

Had a great day yesterday Mom- Thank You - and the car Eddie got me is a Toyota Scion IQ - it’s about 6 inches bigger on each side than Ed’s smart car- I love it- and I love you Mom <3

Beth Reed said...

Happy Birthday Deeann. I love your new poncho and the car!!! WTG Birthday Girl.

Jonathan Nathan and I celebrated his birthday yesterday. He was born at 3:07 pm and we had a great time yesterday.

Enjoy the rain Edna because your very right in the hot and humid will be back before you know it. We have to take the nice little rain and breezes as they come.

Your lunch looks delicious. I am glad that you both got to sit on the porch and eat together. Yum!!!!

Have a wonderful day and give Pogo cuddles for me. xxx

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The birthday poncho looked lovely and belated birthday wishes to Deanne. Thanks too for sharing her much younger photo. As far as texting, some folks have said that dictating messages is an easier way, but I've never tried it myself. You may want to give it a go, Edna.

Susie said...

Happy birthday to your cute little girl. I love the poncho you made her. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Buttercup said...

Happy birthday to Deanne. She looks beautiful in the poncho and what a yummy looking dinner.

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday to Deanne! The poncho looks beautiful on her! You are so talented! That is the sweetest picture of Deanne as a little one! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!