Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Happy May Day

May 1, 2019

Good morning.  Believe it or not, it's already May!  Spring seems to have a problem.  Six weeks into the season and we are still waiting for the weather to feel more like Spring.  When we get a nice day, it gets surrounded by gray rainy days.  Mother Nature, we want to go out and play in our gardens!  Here's the May page from my calendar.


I just had to take a quick break to grab my camera and snap a few photos of our visiting Tom turkey.  Yesterday, two Toms and two hens came by for a meal.  They do seem to like our bird food.  I'll have to crop a few of the photos from today and yesterday to share here.  I'm wondering if they will bring their baby chicks here to feed once the little ones come along.

My daughter Audrey wants to raise a few chickens and will be building a chicken coop.  I found one on the web that I'm hoping Audrey's coop will look like.  It's really quite homey looking.  Do you agree?


Well, yesterday I did not get to plant anything.  I did look over a few of my plants, but the energy just was not there.  I'm hoping to do something about that today.  I just wonder why the companies mail the plants so early.  Planting time in New England has changed over the years.  It's usually May before we can start to put anything in the ground.

I spent some time on the phone and on the internet yesterday trying to find adult classes on how to navigate Windows 10.  Would you believe there is very little out there?  At the college, you get a tape message.  However, they hardly ever call you back.  (at least that's been my experience)  The person who used to teach this at the Senior Center no longer does it, and the classes are no longer offered there.  The High School does not have any such classes.  The only place one can get help with this is at our Library.  There is someone there five times a week for a half hour to help whoever needs it.

We used to have a Senior Center.  Now we have an Intergenerational Center.  This is for all ages.  For the Seniors, you can learn to play board games, tap dance, paint with water colors and exercise.  They offer all kinds of exercise programs.  These programs are offered on a schedule.  One would have to get the schedule to find out when something they might want to is offered. 

The old Senior Center was open to Seniors all day five days a week. (I'm not sure about weekends)  It seems to me that us old folks have lost a lot here.  It's sort of like the Boy Scouts.  They're not really the Boy Scouts any more because now they have to let girls join in their programs.  It's only fair to let the boys join in the Girl Scouts too. 

What is wrong with people today?  Why can't the boys have their own Scout program?  There are some things they might like to do without having girls around.  Why can't us Seniors have our own center? It was nice when we had a place to go every day to meet with other folks our age.  Whatever happened to the groups and activities that kids used to enjoy at their local schools?   Goodness knows, I pay a lot of taxes, and for what? 

On a lighter note, I found this absolutely adorable picture on the web and just had to borrow it to share with you.  Nani Girl, if you're reading this today, this one's for you.


Now I think I'll do a bit of blog reading and then get started on this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Angelicastar said...

Ms. Edna, the gender generation is confused. (lol) I blame the parent for teaching their kids to be out of place. I will forever think a lady should always be just that, a lady and there's a lot of things our bodies just weren't cut out to do. I know we women have to take on a lot especially when you are single but there's still a place for us and certain things like the boy scouts we should let it remain and stay out of. Women is just out of place these days. You don't have to be a genius to know your place in this world. God did it for you. I see parent are telling their daughters, oh yes, you can do this and that. Yes we probably can, but why should we put our health at risk when we really don't have to but do so to prove a point.

I've been called old timer by some of the younger generation especially on social media when they are discussing how and what they do in the bedroom. That's not to be discussed I doesn't think. (lol) I've closed all my accounts except 2 and has told those very young people not to contact me. (lol) If they do, they are blocked. The world is just upside down now and this me too movement has done it's share of making it worse. I was always taught a man can't do no more to a woman than she let him do and if he rape her, call the police right away. I can go on and on. (lol)

I finally made it out of the house and carried my fur babies to the Vet yesterday for their rabies shot and heart worm test. Today I am stuck in again not feeling well. Hope your weather get better so you can take care of your beautiful flowers. You and Pogo have a great day.

Theresa said...

I agree on ALL of this! We are just living in a confused world and it isn't getting any better. I love that cute picture of the squirrel:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Andrew said...

Hi Ms. Edna! You don’t know me but I’ve been following your blog for about a year and I love it!! Regarding your Windows 10 troubles, I do know that there are quite a few video tutorials on YouTube. Have you watched any of those, and if so, have they helped? If you haven’t watched them, they might be of some help to get you oriented with the system until you’re able to get a sit-down, one-on-one assistance. I hope this helps!! The best of luck to you!

Drew