Monday, September 3, 2018

Happy Labor Day

September 3, 2018

Good morning (for at least another half hour).  I tried so hard to sleep late this morning, but Pogo had other ideas.  I finally got up and took him out to the house to get his turkey treat, then I tried to go back to bed. 

I really thought I might get in some more winks.  Well, keep on dreaming old gal.  As soon as I got all snuggly comfortable and starting to drift off, Pogo started barking because someone was at the door.  One of the dwarfs had locked herself out.  I guess it's time to stay up.

For some reason, I'm very tired today.  I don't know why, but it happens every now and then.  Plus I'm starting to feel the effects of not taking one of my meds that my new doctor said he'd rather I did not take.  So this morning I started taking it again.  I have an appointment with this doctor later this month, and I'll discuss it with him them.

I also want to discuss with this doctor what he means specifically when he says that "at my age, we won't be bothered with preventative medicine, we'll just focus on maintaining."  The more I think about this, the more it makes me uncomfortable.  Flu season will be here soon, and I intend to get my shot as usual. 

Today is really pretty outside.  It's sunny with a really nice breeze.  Temps are already in the low eighties and heading for the low nineties this afternoon.  Hopefully, this year we'll have a really nice Indian Summer.  Is it called that anymore?  When I was a kid, Indian Summer was a few weeks at the end of summer and the beginning of Fall.  Usually the weather was super nice.

I'm glad today is nice because it is Labor Day here in the U.S. and families and friends are getting together everywhere for barbeques and fun gatherings.  It's a great day to be having fun outdoors.

I dug out some photos from my archives to show the difference in the weather as August was closing out.  This year temps were hot, dry and sticky.  In 2012, we had lots of rain and my whole yard was becoming a pond.  What a difference!



Yesterday Deanne, Jazzy and I went to Niko's birthday party.  There were so many kids there and they were all having a great time.  It was good to see lots of the adults because I don't get to see them as often as I'd like to.  On the way home, I got to stop by Walmart Pharmacy and pick up my meds.

Last night, I finished the dolly dress that I've been working on, and now I just have to make the hat.  When the dolly is dressed, I'll take a photo to share.  I think I might like to make another outfit in pink with the Crushed Berries yarn as the trim color. 

Well, enough gabbing.  Now I want to do a bit of blog reading before I have to start on a few chores.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Beth Reed said...

Hi,
I really do love the crushed berries. I think that a pink will be really pretty together. Actually it is just a beautiful variegated that you can use with a number of shades.

A birthday party sounds like a fun outing and getting to see friends that you haven't seen in a while is always good.
I have re-connected with several over the past year. One friend and I plan to get together and drive to San Antonio to see a school mate and his wife one weekend. We will wait awhile since she just had back surgery and is planning on having a knee replacement so we want to do the trip before the knee surgery as it is going to be a long time healing I am sure.

I need to rest but can't seem to be able to. I think that I am going to go and give it a try. I hope you and Pogo are sleeping soundly... Hugs to you both... Beth

Theresa said...

My Labor Day was quiet! I look forward to seeing that little dolly dress:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!