Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The Snow Cometh And The Snow Goeth

April 3, 2018

Good morning.  Well, the sun is shining, but it's a wee bit nippy outside.  Temps are only supposed to get up to about 46F degrees today.  I'm not complaining, I'd just like it a tad bit warmer.  I'm so very happy that yesterday's snow is all gone.  For a while it started piling up, and then all of a sudden it was gone. 

I spent some time yesterday trying to make the new dolly dress.  Wowsie!  What a weird pattern.  There are eight different parts just to make the bodice.  I think I'll use the bodice pattern from the air freshener doll pattern and put it with the skirt from this new pattern.  Well, I'll give it a try later today.  I don't like complicated patterns.

Yesterday, while I was printing out the dress pattern, I picked up a photo album and started looking through some old memories from 1990.  My brother and I had driven to Virginia to visit my daughter Audrey.  This first photo is Audrey sitting in front of her house with her little dog Gonzo on her lap.


The next two photos were taken on Christmas Eve.  We usually had a large gathering of family and friends over for Santa's visit.  This photo is my daughter Kerri.  She was such a beautiful person and I miss her so.


And, here's a photo of Santa being kissed by Mrs. Claus.  Goodness Santa, you're such a lucky man!


These photos were taken twenty eight years ago, but the memories are still so fresh in my mind, and ever so sweet.  Isn't it amazing how the body ages, but the mind stays young and fresh?

Today I need to order a new birth certificate.  Pretty soon I'll have to be getting my drivers license renewed.  There are lots of new rules this year.  Beginning March 26, 2018, to get or renew any driver's license you need documentation showing U.S. citizenship or lawful presence as required by federal and state law.

You will need to bring several pieces of documentation with you to the RMV.  For U.S. citizens, a valid, unexpired U.S. passport and a certified birth certificate is sufficient proof of lawful presence.  You will also need to bring your social security card, proof of residence (first class mail, professional license with photo, firearms card, property tax bill, excise tax dated within 60 days);  a lease or mortgage statement or rental contract dated within 60 days;  a bank statement with image of personal checks; school issued documents (transcript, proof of enrollment, tuition bill for current year).  ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINALS.

My license doesn't expire until November, but I think I'll gather up everything that I need and get it renewed early.  Just in case I forget something, I'll still have enough time to get it done before it expires. 

You won't believe this.  I just went to dig out my social security card, and discovered it dates back to the late 1950's.  I guess this means that I'll have to go to the social security office and apply for a new card.  So now I'll have to call ahead to find out what I'll need to get that new card. 

Dwarf Mike and Dwarf Helen are on their way to the store to pick up a few things so I gave them some money to pick up a cooked rotisserie chicken for me.  Now I won't have to cook anything special for supper tonight. 

I'm off now to do a bit of blog reading. So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

LV said...

My word hope all those rules apply only to your state. Was not aware of such in Texas.

gypsyrose said...

Tha dolls dress does sound a lot of work hope you can sort something out for it, Gosh what a lot of paperwork you need to renew your licence hope you get it all sorted out,
Its nice to look back on old photos and nice memories, take care x

Annesphamily said...

WHen did all these new rules come into being? I had to change my DL in Dec it would have expired but I needed the new blakc and face, which simply is for easy facial recognition. I am sick of the things the tax payer has to do to jumnp through hoops yet here plenty of illegals hole up inc hurches and get protection from the law! I just do not get it!!
Maybe you can e mail sometime. I am thinking I sent you a few e mails you never received. I do not know what goes on int his world. WIckedness I guess. Too much control, just the way Hitler liked it! We are sheep to the slaughter. Funny IRS tax documentation can not be used for ID! We are robbed each and eveyr year. UGH
ENoguh madness! I need to go pray!
Have a good day!

HUGS

smiekeltje said...

Is it REALLY true you need all of those documents just to renew your driver license?????? Okay, passport or identity card I understand. Perhaps social security card but I think that is it.
Are they going mad, demanding that all just for a driver license? I just cannot understand it.
Better you check it again before you do all the work, and if necessary it is a good idea to start collecting already now.
But I find it just madness.

Oh it is good sometimes to look at old photoalbums. And yes, looking at those photos all the memories come back and it even doesn;t seem to be so long ago(that's the mind that plays tricks with us).
I am so sorry to hear Cisco has passed away, Beth will be sooo sad.

well, on to your next post.
Hug
Kyra