Thursday, April 5, 2018

It Was A Very Good Day

April 5, 2018

Good morning.  The sun is shining, but it is cold today.  The high temp is only supposed to reach about 41F degrees.  There seems to be a new cold front taking over.  Brrrrr!   I was really hoping to open my little porch soon, but I guess that will have to wait a while longer.

Yesterday started off with a wonderful visit with daughter Deanne and Janice.  And they brought me a beautiful bouquet of tulips (which I will photograph later to share) and a new solar thingy for my porch.  I'll have to take photos of my new solar things too.  Deanne also gave me a new one just before Easter. 

Here's a photo that Deanne took of Janice and me.  Isn't she just the sweetest?  This young lady has a piece of my heart forever.  To me, she's family and I love her.


After our visit, Pogo and I went out to do a few errands.  First, we stopped by Town Hall so that I could get a new marriage certificate.  I won't lose this one because it is going into my safety box.  Next we went to Ocean State Job Lot to buy us a new greenhouse.  I got the middle size because I'm planning on growing my tomatoes and a few plants inside it. 


I am planning on putting heavy duty plastic under and around the bottom of the greenhouse to keep any small critters out of it.  Or maybe I'll get a large piece of plywood for a floor, we'll see.  It's still in the box because it's a bit too soon to set it up. 

We (me and Pogo) also picked out two berry plants, blueberries and raspberries.  I'll put these into the new greenhouse.  Who knows, maybe we'll get to eat a few home grown berries this year.


When we got home, I immediately recorded my new receipts in my notebook for 2018 expenditures.  Obviously, everything I keep track of won't be deductible on my taxes, but it will give me a good idea of how I'm spending my money and where I can make changes.

After work, DIL Janet stopped by with a huge basket of home baked cookies.  And some Reece's candy (which I immediately put in the refrigerator).  I should explain, I share the cookies and save the candy for my snacks.  We ordered spinach pizzas for supper and had a fun visit.  So all in all, Pogo and I had a very good day.  Time spent with folks we love and a fun outing.  It doesn't get better than this. 

Now I think I'll make a fresh cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading before I start my new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Beth Reed said...

Edna,
It is so cool that you got the green house and it really is a good price. I suppose that it will need to be put in a sunny spot so that the plants can get the right light. I don't know much about gardening in a green house but that is super neat that you have one. I really hope that you have good luck with all that you plant. I am sure that you will! And add a no trespassing sign for the critters!!!

I awoke early this morning with big plans but they are falling to the way side. I have to work in my bathroom today. That is all there is to that. I have things that need homes and my vanity does not have drawers to put things in. I have a nightstand that is the right size and I can organize things much better there.

Have an awesome day and give Pogo lots of love for me and I know Cisco is sending down love to you both as well. Love, Beth xxxx

gypsyrose said...

Im so glad you had a good day its nice to have family and friends visit, home grown fruit and veg sounds nice Im sure you will enjoy growning them x

Snowy said...

Oh, I would love a greenhouse like that ! Sadly I don't have space for it. You have to post and show pics of the goodies you grow in there :) We finally have a little better weather and it seems nature is starting to explode into blossoms in these last 2 days. Let's hope the weather gets better now and we finally have a spring :)
Hugs Snowy