Thursday, April 26, 2018

Gosh, I Get Side Tracked So Easily

April 26, 2018

Good morning.  It's still a bit on the cloudy side today, but I have hopes that the sun will come out and dry up all the big puddles.  Pogo and I have to go out today to the Post Office.  It's supposed to be a really nice day, but my sniffling nose somehow doesn't agree. 

Where oh where did I catch a new cold?  I've been so careful, always wearing a coat or jacket when I go outside.  Hopefully, this one won't stick around very long.  Now that Spring is here, I want to be able to play outside.  I just don't have time to be sick with a cold now.

Yesterday, my veggie plants (that I had ordered back in February) arrived.  There are two tomato plants, two bell pepper plants, and two eggplant plants.  I sent the eggplant plants home with DIL Janet last night.  Now I really have to get the greenhouse set up so that these plants have a place to grow. 

Last night, I finished the green dolly.  Gosh, she is looking just as pretty as the other dollies.  Oh my, now what color should I make?   There are so many pretty colors to choose from.  Orange, purple, blue, yellow, gold, oh my, oh my!   I guess I'll have to make one in every color.  I can always raffle them all off at the animal shelter fundraiser this summer. 


Daughter Audrey has been busy finishing up one of her crochet projects lately.  Her granddaughter, Alena, loves owls, so Audrey has been making her an owl wrap around.  Wow, what a lot of work went into this owl wrap around, but it really is gorgeous.  Alena is thrilled with it!  Wow, look at that beautiful smile!



I'm back....I went to the door because someone was out there calling to me, then I got the mail and put it all up on the mail board, looked for a slip from yesterday's oil delivery but could not find one, called oil company to find out if they really came and could I have a copy of the delivery bill, checked a message on my cell phone, got my newspaper that was delivered, Phew! 

I think I'd best close now before any more things crop up to take my attention away from this post.  Besides, I have to get dressed so that Pogo and I can go to the Post Office.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Lovely that your plants arrived. Yes, it is about time to have the greenhouse set up. don;t know how big the plants are b ut perhaps it will be better to put them in the greenhouse for may be 3-4 weeks specially at night.
Although our little tomatoe plants are standing brave in the garden in their pots, coping with night temps of about 5-9C.
if tgheir would come some colder nights(which may easily happen in early May) we always have thivck plastic ready to cover them up.
Dont tell me about being side tracked. It happen to me the other day, forgot about a little pan with boiling potatoes!! result: black potatoes and black pan! I was sooooo angry with myself. It was a good reminder to be more careful and if cooking something on the stove be to keep a close eye to it.
What a lovely warp-around blanket Aufdrey made there, I guess it was an aweful lot of work!
Fight that cold, hopefully you will have warmer weather and lots of sun, That will help too!
Hugs
Kyra