Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

February 14, 2014

Well, it's another snowy gray day here in New England.  It only snowed a bit so far and stopped, but I'm sure it will be back before too long.  We have more snow coming tomorrow too.  Gosh, you just gotta love Mother Nature!!

Today is a day for lovers, or just anyone you want to say "I love you" to.  So this was my inspiration for today's Photoshop Friday challenge.  Here is the original image that Queen Jester posted for us to use, followed by my interpretation of the image.


 
Credits for elements used:  The bird is from Kyra's "Melodies d'antan kit.  The envelope and paper, and the heart trim is from Kyra's "Love Letters" kit.
 
Last night, I had to sleep with a little gadget stuck on my finger to measure my oxygen level through the night.  I don't think I slept much because I kept looking at the blinking numbers that kept registering.  I used to have an oxygen concentrator in case I needed some oxygen.  This test is to determine whether I am eligible to have a new one.  There are times when I really could use it.
 
Yesterday was a day of mixed weather.  First there was a lot of snow, then a lot of rain was mixed in with the snow, then it was back to just snow for a while.  Mid afternoon, it turned to rain again before turning back to snow.   Needless to say, it made quite a mess!!  Here are a few photos I took of the falling snow.
 


 
While I was looking out at the snow, I noticed a brave little squirrel walking along the pulley line that the bird feeders are on.  He was hungry and looking for a bit of lunch.  Here's a few photos of this little cutie.  Nani, I thought of you while I was watching this little fellow.
 


 
Now I have to bundle up the little oxygen gadget because someone is coming to pick it up in a little while.  Then I will give Pogo his Valentine present.  It's the cutest little red poodle that sings when you press its foot.  I'll have to take a photo to share tomorrow. 
 
Hopefully, any more snow will hold off until this evening so that Joe and I can go food shopping later this afternoon.  I'm getting low on doggie food and milk.  Maybe some snacks too.  Most of the time I just snack on Saltine crackers without the salt.  However, every now and then a real cookie would taste mighty good.
 
Enough of my babble.  I have lots to do these next couple of weeks before Pogo and I go on vacation.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a fantabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I love what you did with the mailboxes - again it is Friday and I have not even started mine. Too busy playing pickleball and riding those bikes!
The squirrel hanging upside down to eat is cute. I remember watching them do that at our house. They really are masterful at getting to that food!

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Lovely photos of the snow falling and great ones of the hungry squirrel too! Hope your weather improves shortly, ours has started an uphill climb today finally, hope all the below freezing temps are gone for good...LOL! You and cute little Pogo have a great Valentine's Day, I will be watching the Olympics this evening..They are pretty good this year since I actually have time to sit and enjoy them for a change.
Hugs, Mat

smiekeltje said...

A great photo manipulation you did with the mail boxes! Looks wonderful.
Love the photos of the squirrel. They are always looking so funny.
Hope the results of the oxygen are well enough.
Take care when going out with Joe for some food shopping in this kind of weather!
I wonder when it will finally change from snow into sunshine???
Anyway, have a wonderful weekend, lookig forward of a picture of Pogo again.
Hug
Kyra