Good morning. You know, I think I've been a bit selfish complaining about the snow we have been (and still are) getting. Every day, I watch the weather channel, and folks across the whole country are having such miserable winter weather. And not just in this country.
I'm still watching to see if Australia is coming back from being under all that water. Honestly, I think that's a lot worse than digging your way out from under six feet of snow. Maybe if folks all around the world make a nice hot cup of chamomile tea and place it on your windowsill for Mother Nature, things could maybe calm down a bit. Sounds corny, but who knows? It might work!
I want to share some snow humor that was printed on the front page of our newspaper yesterday. It says
"All this snow got you down? Here are 10 ways to spend yet another snow day.
(1) Make an abominable snowman. It's like a regular snowman, but less friendly to passers-by.
(2) Play Monopoly with the rules that make the game go slower.
(3) Do your taxes. April 15 only feels far off.
(4) Find all the lids to the Tupperware and other plastic containers.
(5) Fill squirt bottles with water and food coloring and make art on the snow. Let your dog help out.
(6) Update your resume. Hey it's better than doing it at work and leaving it on the copying machine.
(7) Actually use those cross-country skis, or skates or snowshoes you were always planning to try out. C'mon, you do it!
(8) Send hate-mail to your friends and relatives in warm weather places. Or block them on Facebook.
(9) You know that neighbor who won't stop blasting music? That's where your shoveled snow goes.
(10) Make a list of all the things you love about your valentine for a card or scrapbook. Make stuff up if you have to.
Okay, how about a couple of photos of Yellow Finches. They are such pretty little things. Goodness, I don't know how these tiny little things can survive in this cold and snow and ice. We are huge compared to them, and we are really working at coping with the weather.
Now I think it's time for a cup of coffee for me and a treat for Tootsie. She has been busy fumigating the place, and it's getting difficult to type while I hold my nose. Plus, I want to watch for my new plow guy. He should be here soon.
Till tomorrow, Y'all try to stay warm and dry, and have a super duper day!!
Hugs, Edna B.