Sunday, July 18, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOO, And you too JOE!

July 18, 2010
*
Good morning everyone. Oh and what a simply beautiful morning it is!! And guess what? Today is Lobster Day!! And why is that? Because it's Uncle Moo's Birthday! For years and years, I would prepare a lobster feast for my Michaael and my brother because they share the same birthday. I have already sent my prayers to the lobster fairy to please bring a nice fat lobster for Moo. (I usually go out and get it myself, but this week I have been out of sorts.)

At the moment, Moo is out with his best friend Joe having a birthday breakfast together. My brother and Joe met back in the summer of 1953. Imagine!! That's FIFTY SEVEN years ago! How many of us are lucky enough to still have your best friend with you after fifty seven years?

And you want to know something else? Joe's birthday was yesterday!!! How is that for fate? You know, sometimes these two remind me of the odd couple. And they do love to bicker. But they are always there for each other. So Happy Birthday Moo, and to you too, Joe. May you have many more special days filled with sunshine and happiness. I love you guys!
*
I don't have much more news for the moment. Today is my last day to pamper myself and try to get over being sickly. Tomorrow I have to go back to work, ready or not. Oh yuk!! Before I leave you this morning, I would like to share a photo of the view outside my living room window.
*
My rose bush doesn't bloom very often any more, but my little birdie friends absolutely love it. In it, they find respite from the sun and the rain, a safe place to rest, and a place to meet with their friends and family. I hope you enjoy this photo. I think it's rather fitting for today, don't you? Till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*
"The Meeting Place"


No comments: