Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Grasshoppers For Lunch - Yummy!

July 07, 2010
*
Ah, good morning, good morning!! It's only 7:15 am and it's just lovely and cool outside at the moment. I even see a little breeze outside my window. BUT! Just a little while longer and the heat and humidity will be very oppressive. Yesterday it got over 100 even without the heat index. I could only go outside for tiny spurts, then right back indoors.

Today is going to be a busy day though, and I will definitely have to go out in the yard and endure the heat for a while. My new fencing supplies are supposed to be delivered today sometime around noon. Actually, they said between 11 & 1. Also, I think today may be the day when we rent the chipping machine. We have a ton of trees and branches that need to be chipped and distributed as mulch.

Also today, Uncle Moo has another test. This time, a PET scan, and tomorrow a breathing test. After that, we shall see what will be. I just looked out the window, and it does not look as though the work crew is here yet. Sad to say, but this is when they should be working while the temperature is comfortable. Oh well, they are young, so I guess they have to learn the hard way for themselves.

There is good news too. Mr. Wayne was here last night, and for a handsome fee, he was able once again to show me how "not so smart" I am. He sat in front of my laptop for all of 60 seconds and had the internet up and running again. When you think about it, it's really not funny. I don't know how the darn thing gets shut off. You have to physically go into folders to shut it down, and I did not do this. I don't even know where the folder is. It must be those mischievous little laptop gremlins up to no good.

Today I have some birdie photos to share. The other day, I was watching this little bird having a marvelous time in the birdbath, splashing and flapping his feathers. What a great way to keep cool.
*






















































While this little birdie was enjoying his morning ablutions, another little birdie was having a grand old time catching himself a really spectacular lunch. A delicious grasshopper! Oh yummy yummy!!
*

































Hopefully today, I will have a chance to work on the Book Cover challenge. Thihs month Kyra is asking us to design a cover for a book about an adventurous journey along one of the world's great rivers. Hmmmm, I need to give this one a bit of thought, but I think it will be fun.
*
I also need to see if all of my August DD parts are ready for uploading. It's good to be a little ahead of schedule. You never know how plans will be re-arranged. How about another freebie? I have another holiday QP for you.
*
Now I must really get a move on here, and get dressed and start my day. Not that my nightie isn't very pretty, but I don't think it will do much to excite the work crew or the guys delivering my new fence. Such a pity! It's quite comfortable.
*
Till tomorrow, Y'all stay cool and have a marvelous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*
"QP - 039"






















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list