Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, I'm Off To Mail My Boxes

November 25, 2009

Gosh! Here it is halfway through the morning, and I almost forgot to set for a while and post to my blog. Tootsie and I got up at 5 am, and have been busy wrapping gifts and packing and labeling holiday boxes so that some of them can be mailed out later today. You know I'm getting old when wrapping gifts becomes a chore. I used to love to decorate each package special for the recipient, now I'm doing good to get paper and a tag on them.

However, I do have two huge piles of boxes sitting on the washing machine waiting to be put in the car and taken to the post office. Also, my overseas cards are ready to go in the mail too. It takes a while for things to travel so far, so I'm trying to beat the holiday rush. Next Monday, all the rest of my cards should be ready for mailing. What a nice feeling it is to not be late with everything. (I'm finally sending out a birthday gift that is two weeks overdue!!)

Has anybody figured out yet where this whole year has gone? Do you realize that tomorrow is Thanksgiving? This is mind-boggling, to see the years fly by me so fast. At this rate, I'll be 80 years old before my 75th birthday rolls around!!!!! Oh wow! Horrors!! Did I really say 80? How can this possibly be? I know it's ten years away, but nowadays ten years is only about two years long!! Gosh, I'm just not ready for that!

Last night I managed to work on the November chat project - Nut Cracker QP's. Somehow, I missed the whole chat. It was this past Friday, and I think I slept right through it. Boy, I am so bad some days! Nana suggested that maybe we could do the Nut Cracker QP's and use them for freebies next month. I think it's a great idea. Today I will give you a preview of one of my quick pages. Hope you like it.

On that note, I am going to have my first cup of coffee now, and give Miss Tootsie her meds. Y'all have a wonderful day now.

Hugs, Edna B.

Preview - "Nut Cracker QP - 02"

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Lol- sounds as if you are really busy with your pile of christmas post and packages. Don't fear the 80 ,lol - you still have to go to at least 110 , so we can do our mobility scooter race-Rofl