Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Day After, And I'm Still Beaming!

November 5, 2009

Well, I must say that yesterday was one of the best birthdays ever!!! I talked with all my children, got lots of beautiful cards and e-cards, and presents galore!! Plus, I got a gorgeous floral arrangement, a flower bouquet, a big cake, and hugs galore. Altogether, turning 70 was made ever so pleasant.

Now for some interesting news. Did you know that Windows Vista Home Premium CANNOT be upgraded to Windows 7 Professional? Neither did I until I bought the upgrade and Wayne tried to install it for me. So much for that!!!

Did you know that if you upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional you still cannot run your regular programs like Photoshop, etc. until you go on-line and download two more programs that also have to be installed? Yup, we tried this too. So back to Staples daughter and I marched. I did my best to convince them to take back the merchandise that they should not sold me without giving me more information about it, but it just did not work. However, I did get my point across to the customer service clerk, and she in turn, called Microsoft and gave them the same spiel about expecting the store to sell merchandise to unsuspecting customers without all the needed information. You go girl!!!

Next the manager came over and put in his two cents worth. But I gave him the same bunch of lip. "You really had no business taking my money for products that were not going to do what they said they would do. So please give me back my money, or at least apply what I paid toward something that will work." Of course, his answer was "Oh no, Ma'am, we cannot do that. It's against our policy. But our technicians can do this proper install for you." So now he was reaching for his trusty price list to give me a price to do this work for me, when Audrey spoke. "Excuse me Sir. Don't you think that after all this you should do it for free?" Well that did it! Now the manager was flustered and finally said "You know what, Ma'am? We'll just do it for you for free. OK?"

Today, we dropped off the new laptop and the upgrade, and they have promised to get it back to me tomorrow. Let's hope it comes back working good and accepting all my programs. Oh for joy, won't it be so nice to be able to have the programs go into the laptop without any more snags.

Now onto some fun stuff. Remember I told you about my granddaughter Jasmine? Well, today I can share with you the layout that I made of her cheerleading pictures.























I have to go and start supper now because I have more company coming, but I will share with you a couple of my cards, and the lovely cake that Snowy made for me. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a marvelous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*





2 comments:

Snowy said...

Oh this is too good!!!! Go Edna !!!!! I was laughing when I read that! Brilliant! At least after all the hassle you get it done for free now! Success! It's nice to hear you had such a wonderful birthday.You deserve it - you are special,lol. Hugs Snowy
(as always love to the my Indigo Witchking,lol)

Nani said...

Happy Birthday again, Edna!!!

That's one thing I have against Microsoft. Vista originally shipped on computers with 1GB of RAM when the OS takes a minimum of 2 to operate correctly. That's how Vista got such a bad rep to begin with. Makes me mad how they do stupid things and sap their customers for the money and frustration to fix their mistakes. I don't like people who look to take advantage of people or millionaires without brains and one of those things is in play here! :)

I love, love, love the layout you did of your granddaughter's cheering! It's fabulous!!