Monday, May 30, 2022

Happy Memorial Day

May 30, 2022

Good morning.  I can't believe it's already the end of May.  The year is almost half over.  How can this be?  

I came across an interesting ad for people beds.  Like dog beds.  This is a large dog bed for humans, and it looks wicked comfortable.  I could fall asleep really quick in this bed.


Today I need to work on the afghans.  At the rate I'm going, it's going to take me all year to finish them.  Meanwhile, I am watching television.  I enjoy crime stories.  My favorite TV days are when Blue Bloods or Law & Order are on all day.  

Deanne will be stopping by after work this afternoon.  She has decided that we need to clean my refrigerator so that's what we'll do.  

A person on the TV just used the word "jovial."  I know what it means even though I don't hear it often, so I looked it up.  Jovial is an adjective, meaning cheerful and friendly.  Example:  She was in a jovial mood.

Looking up words can be very interesting.  Try looking up a new word every day.  You'd be surprised at how much your spoken language can change.

Now I need to get a few things around here done before Deanne shows up.  So, till Wednesday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Looks warm, that bed, but you cannot really stretch out in this one, I think.
Yes, the year is going fast, hopefully now we will have some good summer months, every now and then a bit of rain, but nice temperatures all along. Wishful thinking, I guess.
Oh, nice Deanne will come by, only cleaning the refridgerator isn;t the best thing of spending a day, LOL.
Although, when it will be done, you will feel tired, but satisfied.
Have a wonderful day, greets to Deanne.
Hug
Kyra

Beth Reed said...

Hi, I would love that bed on a freezing, snowy night, but can you imagine sleeping in that bed during the hot sticky days of summer??? LOL, still it looks compfy.

Tell Deanne Hello for me and cleaning out your fridge is not glamorous, but it will sure make you feel better. Deanne is such a wonderful daughter and she gives you the gift of her time, which is so wonderful.

I have been struggling with my blog. I can't think of anything to talk about because my days are the same as is my nights. I know I will come up with something but after several false starts I am just stuck!

Much Love my friend and Happy Memorial Day. xoxoxo

Steve Reed said...

I like crime shows, too. It's funny how even those of us who are law-abiding like shows about criminals! Why is that?!

Barbara said...

You are right, that giant dog bed for humans does look very comfy!! It may even help people to wake up in a "jovial" mood!

Hugs to you!

Rita said...

That people dog bed made my day--LOL!
Have a wonderful week, Edna. :)

Suemn said...

That people bed sure does look nice and comfortable. It would also make a nice bed for when little ones sleep over. I think they'd like it a lot. The only problem I have with that bed is that my dog sleeps on my bed with me and it'd be too crowded to let him in that people bed with me. He would push me out and keep it for himself:)

Anonymous said...

I agree the year is flying by too fast and looking up words is interesting. Do you play Wordle everyday? Give it a try if you haven’t.