Friday, May 27, 2022

Beautiful Flowers

May 27, 2022

Good morning.  Today will be cloudy with temps in the high seventies to eighty degrees.  A great day to be outdoors.  

Today I have some beautiful Iris photos to share with you.  These are two colors that I've never seen before.  This first one is a white Iris.  From my garden.  I had blue, purple and yellow Iris in my garden, and I guess they eventually made a white one.  It's beautiful.

The second Iris is a pink one.  From Deanne's garden.  I've never seen a pink Iris before, and this one is beautiful.

Have any of you ever noticed new flowers in your gardens?  If you have, would you share photos of them?  Finding them is such a wonderful surprise.  

My purply pink Rhododendron bush is covered with buds and blossoms.  This looks like its best year.  Here's a photo of one of the blossoms.

Can you tell I love flowers?  I get so much enjoyment from seeing the blossoms.  I think every yard should have a colorful garden.  Flowers bring so much happiness.

This afternoon I plan to sit out on the porch and go through (and get rid of) a big bag of junk mail, and listen to the birds.  The trees in my yard are full of birds.  I love listening to their chirping.  

Now I'm off to the kitchen to make a sandwich for my lunch.  So, till Monday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Lovely irisses. It sometimes happens we can find a new flower in the garden, or a new mix o former ones when they f=cross. A garden always brings surprises.
Our temperatures are not yet completely like sitting outside but next week they will rise. still when sun is shining you can do some work which I did last Thursday.
Have a beautiful day and weekend, enjoy the birds,
Hug
Kyra

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, your flowers are sure beautiful. I don't think I've ever had a flower appear that I hadn't planted other than a sunflower. So far this Saturday it's been raining so not a good day to sit out:)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We no longer have our own garden or flowers, Edna, but there are some lovely flowers starting to bloom in the small park area near the mill apts. There are also many potted flowers around the city. I may go on an early morning walk and take photos to share in a future blog post. Both the white iris in your garden and the pink one in Deanne’s were lovely. We used to have purple, white and yellow ones at our former VA home.