Monday, May 23, 2022

Yellow Lilacs

May 23, 2022 

Good morning.  Most of this week will be a mix of clouds and sun, and temps near seventy degrees.  Super!  Great sitting out weather!

Today I have a photo of a really beautiful flower.  The yellow lilac.  I've never seen one in person, but I'm hoping to.  I'll be doing a bit of research to find one.


I checked on Google and found an Amazon ad for the yellow lilac.  For a small bush plant, it will cost $23.99.  This is not bad considering it is a plant, not seeds.  I definitely think I'll get one.


I must remember to be outside tomorrow before the mailman gets here.  I want to thank him.  He doesn't have to, but he brings my mail all the way up to my porch and puts it in the blue box I leave on a table near my gate.  I do appreciate this so very much.

Yesterday, Deanne sent me a photo of Nutmeg sleeping peacefully on one of the beds.  Doesn't this look like a really happy cat?


Today I think I'll start a sweater, then I'll put a few rows on one of the afghans.  If I do, I'll post a photo of the sweater Wednesday.  It's time for my hands to get busy again.

Today is Law & Order day on TV so I'm off to enjoy watching it.  So, till Wednesday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I'm not sure I've ever noticed a yellow lilac either - though usually when I say such things I find later that I've been walking past one for years! That looks one contented cat.

smiekeltje said...

A yellow lilac bush/tree looks sooo beautiful. Do they have good quality of plants on Amazon? Or should you try a garden centre and ask for possibilities of sending to you? Whatever you do I hope you will have a yellow lilac soon in your garden. Awesome
Nutmeg looks a happy cat, for sure.
So you are starting a sweater, will it be for yourself or somebody else?
Our weather is changing, today we have rain and temepratures will drop too. Hmmm, that's a pity, but rain is good for the garden.
Have a wonderful day,
Hug
Kyra

Beth Reed said...

Oh My, I have never seen a yellow lilac that I have ever noticed. That really is a pretty bush tho and I bet that it will smell just delightful. No actually that is a really good price for a bush. I hope that it will thrive in your climate!

Enjoy trying out the new pattern for the sweater. I bet that it will be fantastic to work on something new. Have a fantastic day watching Law and Order. xoxoxoxo

Rita said...

I've never seen a yellow lilac before! I hope you get one and you can show us pics of it as it grows. How exciting! :)

Kathy said...

I've heard of a yellow lilac but never seen one. The picture you posted shows they are really beautiful. I hope that you get one.

Suemn said...

That yellow lilac is just beautiful. I wonder if the one you get will bloom next year or if you have to wait a couple of years before it blooms. I guess we'll just have to wait and see:) Nutmeg is adorable!

Theresa said...

Oh the yellow lilac is gorgeous, I love yellow. I have lots of plants and many are yellow. What a kind mailman you have to bring your mail up to your porch, that is very nice of him. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!