Friday, May 13, 2022

"New" Old Programs

May 13, 2022

Good morning.  The sun is shining, and today through Monday will have temps in the low eighties.  "Sitting out" time has arrived.  

Do any of you watch Ed Sullivan on TV?  The program is on ME TV on Sunday night at 10 p.m.  I remember watching this program every week to see what musical groups would be featured.  Every new singer and music group made it on to this TV show.

I rather enjoy that so many of the old TV programs are being re-played now.  TV way back then was really enjoyable.  There weren't many programs but they were all interesting.  So much has changed over the years.

Here's two more of my new plants.  The Butterfly Bush is just a twig, but I'm hoping it grows into a plant soon.


A few days ago I ordered, and received, a couple cases of spring water.  I left the cases out on the porch but today I think I should bring them indoors.  I guess I'm just getting lazy in my old age.  

I've decided to start a sweater pattern to work on while I'm doing the afghans.  Now I just have to decide on a color for the sweater.  I'm thinking maybe I'll use purple.  Not definitely, but close.

Now it's time for a fresh cup of coffee and some blog reading.  So, till Monday,  Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Here too we have a channel where they run old tv programs and sometimes shows. some are boaring, but some still interesting and fun to watch.
All your plants just need some love, sunshine and wate to grow, in a few weeks they will certainly amaze you!
Purple is an interesting color for a sweater. Will you do dark purple or more brighter version of it?
Isn;t it wonderful that time has arrived that you can spend some time on the porch? with a cup of coffee, your crocheting, perhaps a small radio(or as you said tv) you will have maginificent times there.
Have a lovely day and weekend.
Hugs
Kyra

Theresa said...

I watched Ed Sullivan when I was younger but haven't seen it on TV, I will look:) I love the old shows, reminds me of the good 'ole days. It is nice to get new plants, I know they will be beautiful. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

The Queen Jester said...

The Golden Girls are still one of my favorite shows. I like the older shows and movies that relied on good writing and didn't rely on vulgar language and special effects.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, Edna, I do remember watching the Ed Sullivan show on Sunday nights with my family. And, you are right that so many folks appeared on the show including Elvis Presley and The Beatles among others. It's finally turned summer like in nashua as well with temps in the mid-80s the past couple of days. Enjoy your outdoor sitting time, my friend.

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I can't wait to see the sweater you plan to make. I remember the Ed Sullivan show... especially when he introduced the Beatles:)