Friday, May 6, 2022

Blossom Time

May 6, 2022

Good morning.  Today will be in the mid sixties, and the next five days will drop back down into the fifties.  After that, Spring temps will be back.  

The Cherry Blossom tree that we planted a few years ago is getting quite big.  The blossoms are really beautiful.  This tree doesn't grow cherries, just blossoms.  Hmmm.  I wonder why.


I'll have to see about getting the porch cleaned off next week.  It will soon be "sitting out" time.  I think I need a few more plants too.  I like to have a couple of them on the porch to look at.  I also have to check to see if I still have a small TV put away.  If not, I'll need to pick one up.

I've been working on the afghans.  Just a couple rows at a time.  For some reason, they are just not interesting me lately.  I think I'll have to start a sweater to work on in between afghan rows.  This will help to keep my interest up.

Remember I mentioned Fruit Slices?  There's only four of them left.  I only have a couple at a time, but they taste so darn good.  Hmmm, I'll have to order more of them.

Now I want to read some blogs.  So, till Monday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.  

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Cherry blossoms are so beautiful Pity that they only last for a few days.
Oh, definately cleaning time for the porch because I think better weather is coming up. And some more plants always look nice when you sit on the porch.Here we had a lovely day and next week we might reach 20C or even more!
Yes, may be another crochet project will do you good and then suddenly you will want to finish the afghans, it is often so that a bit of change helps.
Have a wonderful weekend, stay safe.
Hug
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These blooms are so dainty and pretty! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Happy Mother's day my friend!

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, Your cherry blossom tree looks lovely. It shows that it is actually spring:) Enjoy your weekend!

The Queen Jester said...

Greetings from the Queen Jester. I haven't blogged for ages and we just left Arizona to summer in Minnesota and I decided it's time to resume. I hope all is going well with you and that it warms up soon. It's lovely here right now, cool at night and getting warmer all the time. We're supposed to get rain soon and I look forward to the sound of rain on the roof. We don't get much of that in Arizona.

Buttercup said...

I didn't make it back to the Community Garden, but I found some yellow tulips for you and posted them today. Enjoy!

Theresa said...

Beautiful blooms! Happy Mother's Day to you dear friend! HUGS!

Beth Reed said...

Hi Edna, Happy Mother's Day. I hope that you had a wonderful day.

Oh the candy that Deanne got for you is one of my favorites. My dad's too. He loved the orange slices and it never lasted very long. My girls were talking just the other day about those orange slices when they visited their mam-ma and pap-pa. My mom would order the old fashioned ribbon candy every Christmas and she would get me a couple of cans as well. Those were great memories.

I wish you a great Monday tomorrow. xoxoxo