Thursday, September 12, 2019

Homegrown Remedies

September 12, 2019

Good morning.  It's raining (a light rain)  The temperature is 64F degrees, but soon will drop to the mid fifties and stay there most all day.  We do need the rain, but I'm not ready for such low temps.  I guess it's time to dig out the snuggies and the sweats.

Yesterday, Pogo and I did not do very much.  Good Will came by and picked up four bags of stuff that I had put out the night before.  Actually, Good Will is really Big Brother Big Sister.  They need clothing and household items.  I put out a lot of both. 

Somehow, this did not make a big enough dent in my "clean out" project.  I guess I'll just have to start filling up a few more bags.  When you reach my age, there's lots of "stuff" collected to go through.  It's amazing how it all adds up. 

I had a request for some remedies for age spots on the hands.  These all came out of the book "Amazing Antidotes." 







 
I haven't tried any of these remedies myself.  So, if anyone tries these, do let me know how they work.  If anyone is looking for any other remedies from this book, let me know.
 
Tomorrow, Deanne and I are going to check out tazers.  They are legal, and a lot safer to carry than a gun.  What sort of license is needed to carry one of these?  Are there any classes involved to learn how to use them?  How much do they cost?  There's a lot to look into. 
 
Today, Audrey and hubby Mac are headed for Maryland and their daughter Andi's wedding.  I can't wait for some photos to share here.  The whole theme of the wedding is set in the Renaissance period.  Everyone will be dressed accordingly.  It should be really beautiful.
 
That's my news for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Susan Zarzycki said...

Hi, Edna! I just found your delightful blog and just love your blog posts. I have 2 little but not tiny dogs. I love them so much. However, I did have an iddy biddy Chihuahua, Chloe, for 14 years. She was so gentle and sweet. I miss her so much!

Angelicastar said...

It's still as hot as ever here. Summer probably won't end here until fall is over. (lol). I think we skip the fall season or maybe winter is basically like fall temps here. I am still using my air. Not all day in my bedroom where I am most of the time but the remainder of the house is still using air. It's hot outside and we have seen a shower or two but not enough to notice. I am not very chatty today. I think I over worked myself yesterday doing house cleaning. I was feeling better than I've felt in a while and I dusted, mopped, cooked, etc. I just did too much. I hope you and Pogo have a great day.

Theresa said...

Still upper 90s here! Hot weather just won't leave us. Thanks for the tips on the spots that we all have as we get older. Good luck on the taser. Have a blessed and beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Edna, we have returned home from our trip..we are so tired!
Will have to check out a couple of those remedies. I have quite a few age spots now, boo!
Ready for fall!
Barb