Friday, March 16, 2018

Have A Safe Flight Home, Beth.

March 16, 2018

Good morning.  Well it's 3:15 a.m. and Beth has just left for the airport to go home.  We drove out by the office a little while ago to wait for the shuttle bus to pick her up.   It just doesn't seem possible that our two weeks is over already.  I have two more days, then Pogo and I will be heading home.  Here's a photo I took of Beth getting into the shuttle bus.  Have a safe trip home, Beth.

It's going to seem wicked quiet around here today and tomorrow.  Without my partner in crime, I won't be gadding about town.  I guess maybe I'll just work on the dolly dress.  It will amazing if it actually comes out sort of like it's supposed to look.  We'll see. 

Yesterday, we took a ride to the UPS store in Celebration (right up the street) so that  I could mail my box home.  Then we stopped at a gas station to fill up the tank on the rental car.  While we were there my doctor's office called to tell me that they were  getting ready to fax me the letter that I need to be able to bring my portable oxygen on the plane.

While we  were waiting for the fax to come through, I took this photo of Beth out in front of the office building.

After this, we went riding around to find a place that sold ice cream cones.  We finally ended up going through a McDonald's drive thru to get our ice cream cones.  Mmmm, boy, did they ever taste good!

When we got  back to our condo, Beth took this photo of me and Pogo.  You can see that I have my phone in my hand.  We had been taking some photos of the flowers that were blooming.

I also got a call from a tree service (from back home) to make arrangements to come out on Monday and remove the tree from my roof.  The guy said he would try to line up a roofer to come out on the same day so that the roof can be covered over with a tarp.  Joe said he would go to the store and pick me up a big tarp just in case.  With a little luck, maybe the roofing guy will be able to fix my roof that day. (or at least soon) We'll see.

When I get home, I'll have to look around the yard to see  if I can find my money tree.  That's if the snow hasn't  buried it.  (joke, joke) These guys will be wanting to be paid when they finish the tree and roof work.  Silly me, I had thought that they all got paid by my insurance company.  But I guess I pay them and then put in a claim to the insurance. This is all new territory for me but I'm learning.

Even though tomorrow is Saturday, I'll be posting here because I won't have much time Sunday morning.  Pogo and I have to leave around 7:30 a.m. to return the rental car so that they can drive us to the airport.  Here's hoping the weather back home can behave itself long enough for us to get home. 

Well, now I think I'll go back to bed and see if I can catch a few winks.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh how I envy you with that nice warm weather. Look at you with those sandals on. Have a safe trip home and I hope everything with your roof and the tree gets fixed quickly.