Friday, March 30, 2018

D-Day Has Arrived

March 30, 2018

Good morning.  It's early, but I have a very early morning appointment with my tax accountant.  How did that happen?  I was reading the paperwork that my accountant had sent to me a few months ago, and finally saw a line that I had missed.  It read "I cannot guarantee that any information received after March 31 will be filed before the deadline." 

What?  Oh no, I still had columns to add and I didn't even have an appointment.  I called the accountants office and was told that the only appointment he had open before sometime next week was at nine o'clock this morning.  I had no choice.  I had to take it!

So, I spent most of yesterday adding tons of numbers and totaling all my columns.  I just hope that my totals are correct.  I am not a numbers person.  Please, I will do your laundry for you if you will just do all these numbers for me!

Once I got done with all this adding, I started new pages for 2018.  I've already made my way through my checkbooks.  Next, I'll do all the receipts and credit card statements.  Hopefully, I can keep this up throughout the year.  This will make next year's task so much easier. 

Meanwhile I will see about getting me a new adding machine.  One with paper so that I can check my addition easily for mistakes.  I tried using the calculator on my phone, but if there are more than three or four numbers to be added, my pudgy little fingers always manage to make a mistake and hit a few wrong keys.  I need to be able to see the numbers printed out on paper in order to check for mistakes.

The first thing I did this morning after I made my coffee was to get out the slow cooker and start my supper.  Pogo and I are having a corned beef and cabbage meal tonight.  Yum!  Yum!  It's one of the things that I had ordered from Omaha Steaks.  I'll let you know how it comes out. 

Once we are finished at the accountant's office, Pogo and I will head over to the gunsmith's store and pick up my gun.  Then we'll head to the bank before coming back home.  If my breathing is good, maybe we'll stop by Ocean State Job Lot and do a bit of shopping.  Pogo loves this store.  Everyone there loves him and he gets to meet a lot of people. 

Before I take my leave, I want to share a really cute photo of Pogo's little friend, Cisco.  He's resting in his bed with his new blanket and his Piggy baby.  Isn't he just the cutest little fellow?   Cisco, we hope you are having a super day today.  Hugs and woofs to you Sweetie.


Now I really must get going here.  It's time to get dressed and start getting ready to leave for my morning appointment.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

gypsyrose said...

Oh gosh what a rush to get it all ready for this morning I had to smile when you said you would pick up your gun and head for the bank thought you must be planning a robbery lol hope your day went ok have a good weekend x

Edna B said...

Oh gosh! I didn't realize my words came out like that! hahahahaha. I'm having a good laugh over it. Nope, no bank robbery. I gave them money instead. hahaha. Hugs, Edna B.

Kathy said...

I too had a chuckle over you getting your gun and heading to the bank. You and I must be related because that is something I would say. LOL. I don't think I could get all those numbers added up that quickly. You are right it is easier to do it as you go along. Hope you got everything finished now and have those pesky taxes behind you.

Beth Reed said...

Edna,
I had a small laugh at the gun and bank statement too. I read it twice to make sure that I read it right hahaha...

Thank you so much for the picture of Cisco. I don't remember that one. I will be making a lot of pages for him.
Much love to you and Pogo.... Cisco will always love you and Pogo! Love Beth

smiekeltje said...

Goodie, that suddenly was a real rush to the accountant and getting all ready for it! Well, all will be fine and good that you could have an appointment still(although it was very early).
Give my belated happy birthday wishes to Janet and Scott.
She sounds to be a wonderful person.
Now with the tax stuff out of the way, you can relax for a little while and then...... on to the Tuck and Throw LOL!
Have a wonderful day and week, dear friend.
Hugs
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

OH tax season is miserable! I am not a numbers cruncher either. Our oldest son is and so is my niece Holly who has a Master's ZDegree in the field! U G H ! I am good with basic Math but never loved it like my older brother the engineer. LOL!

I hope your day is glorious!

Stay warm!