Monday, January 29, 2018

Just A Tip Toe Through Memories

January 29, 2018

Good morning.  Have you noticed that January is quickly fading from sight?  Good news!  Woo Hoo!  I know it's not nice to wish away time, but I am so looking forward to Spring and her warmer temps, flowers budding and birdies singing. 

Today is looking to be a cold, gray day.  But, that could change.  Not the cold part, but the gray part.  Ah well, Spring will be here soon.  Some bloggers have been posting photos of the flowers coming up in their yards.  Boo hoo hoo!  None coming up in my yard yet.

Today's post will have to be short.  In a little while, Deanne is supposed to be coming by for a visit.  It's been a while since I've seen her and I'm looking forward to this visit.  It's not that we live so far from each other.  But she has such a busy life and I'm rather set in my ways about going out in the cold. 

I've started to feel a bit stuffy in the nose lately so I'm back to using the Zicam.  So far, it has really helped me.  My breathing, however, has not been so great these past few days.  I've been using the oxygen concentrator at night, but it hasn't been helping.  Last night I looked it over to see if I could find out why it is not working so great.  Aha!!  There's a numbered tube on it that regulates how much oxygen you get.  It seems it has reset itself back on the smallest number.  It should be on number three so I  put it back there.  After that, the oxygen seems to be working much better. 

Today I don't have new photos to share but I do have a couple Dover coloring pages.  This first page represents my childhood years.  Remember Rosie The Riveter?  She represented all the women who went to work in our factories, and other places, while our men were overseas fighting in World War II.  Everyone had to pitch in and do their part for our country.

I so believe Rosie shaped a lot of the women's lives in my generation.  We knew we could do whatever we had to do whenever life threw us a problem.  I guess, though, in looking back that all the women in the years before me all learned the same thing.  Yes, we all could do it and we did!


I think I mentioned before, but 1945 was a big year for me.  Not only did the War end, but progress seemed to pick up a notch too.  We went from ice boxes to refrigerators, music players with large horns to smaller electric record players, big black clunky phones with no dial to phones with a dial.

Televisions came along, portable radios, and little colored plastic sheets to put over the TV screen to turn the TV into a colored TV.  Progress just kept on going.  1945 was also the year that I started in the first grade at the Lincoln Elementary School, and my love affair with learning began to blossom.

This next Dover coloring page is much lighter.  Butterflies are free, and I guess they represent how we all want to feel.  They are also very beautiful.  Enjoy the pages.


Well now I think I should take my leave here.  Deanne should be coming by soon.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

It's always fun to hear somebody recount the things they have seen change in their lifetime. We've been watching Mad Men on Netflix and it's fun to see all the habits and fashions of the late 60's and early 70's. My how time has changed!

Kathy said...

It was fun to read about all the changes that have happened. I don't remember all of them, but I do remember begging my grandmother to get the film for the TV so we could have color. LOL. I saw on the news last week that the woman who posed for the famous Rosie the Riveter poster just died. She never thought she would become famous. Hope you are feeling better today.