Thursday, January 25, 2018

Gift Cards Are So Useful

January 25, 2018

Good morning.  It's another sunny, cold day here in my little part of New England.  We're not supposed to getting out of the twenties today, and tomorrow's high temp should only be in the low thirties.  On a positive note, Pogo and I DO have heat.  That's definitely a plus. 

Well, yesterday I spent most of the afternoon working on my laptop making new quick pages.  Did I have fun?  You betcha!  I want to make a few more just in case I have a few weeks where I don't have time to play on the computer.  I do have a lot of crochet projects for this year, and now it's also time to dig into my tax stuff.  I know, I keep putting it off, but I'm getting close to crunch time now. 

Today I went online to Best Buy and ordered a new 3T external hard drive to put all my scrap resources on.  This will free up a lot of space on my laptop.  I had money left on a gift card from Best Buy, so I used that to pay for my new hard drive.  The good part is that I still have some money left over on the card.  Woo Hoo!

Next I'm waiting for a super sale at JoAnn's Fabric shop, then I'm going to look at their sewing machines and maybe use my gift cards towards a new machine.  I'm in no rush.  I'm waiting for the right price. 

I have a scrap page to share that my friend Beth made.  She got some new scrap kits too and she's been busy having fun with them.  She made this page with one of her new kits.  The photo is the only one we took of the two of us last year in Florida.  We were looking into the huge mirror on the wall.


I'll have to make an appointment for Pogo with his doctor so that he can get a new travel health paper.  It's required for boarding the airplane, although no one has ever asked to see it.  However, just to be safe, we'll get it.  We also need to make sure that all his shots are up to date.  I think they are, but I'll need to make sure. 

Now I think I'll make a fresh cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  I enjoy starting my day like this.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Hi Edna, you and your friend are beautiful in the photo! I love that is looks so professional. If I take a photo with a mirror I have glare. I do not have these great talents. But you do! Oh you will be making your trek South. I hope it stays nice and warm for you. Blogging sweetheart Myra is going to be moving to Alabama from Phoenix. while it is in the 70's in AZ. Alabama got snow. I was astounded!
We are thawing out a bite but more snow will be here soon. I just enjoy as much sunshine as I can get.
I wish we lived close. I could use your expertise. I have an old laptop and one old hard drive from a desktop. I need to retrieve all my photos from them. I really need a good backup. I Never trust these computers.
I love Best Buy, we have bought a few TVs there that were terrific. We also bought a few laptops there.
Just waiting on baby Brody. THe doctor doesn't think he will wait until March 5. His last ultrasound shows him with a head full of dark hair.Boy oh boy, those facial features are so defined on those images today!
He is a kicker and a mover. I put my hand on momma's belly and when I started talking to him he gave me a hard karate chop! HaHaHa! Brittany says whenever Addy talks to him he kicks her hard!
My friend in Fargo, ND, where they stay in those below freezing temps, got her second grandson today. He weighed 11 lbs! Big boy. Her daughter and her son-in-law lost their first son to skeletal Dysphagia. He only lived a few hours. :-( so they are grateful this big boy has a brother shining down on him.
I sent you an email too. I guess packages take so long going your way because of the weather. I am still waiting for an item from Maine. Not her fault, blasted old ice storms. Cut the power and make the roads so dangerous. Brrrr........I am a wimp with cold weather.
I hope you have a great evening. Stay warm ! HUGS

Beth Reed said...

Hi Edna,
After we hung up I took Cisco over to the vet next door, came home and I played a game on my tablet and kept yawning so I put down the tablet and Cisco and I took a nap. About an hour and half. Jonathan came in and woke us up at 6:00 so it wasn't much of a nap but it felt great.

Matthew came over and saw me for a few minutes. He is on call this weekend. Jonathan has to work, but Karyn and Nathan are off tomorrow.
Since Nathan is home, I think that I will have him hang my paintings I got for Christmas and have him help me straighten my closet.

It is suppose to be warmer tomorrow so Mr. Cisco is getting a bath. He is not fond of water but he does alright in the bath once he is in the tub. I also got a great price at the vet to have his glands expressed, his ears cleaned and his nails trimmed. It was a half price special. He needed all of it done. The vet says that the knot on his head is just fluid and hasn't grown. It looks bigger to me, but his vet measured it and said that he is losing his hair there and so that makes it look bigger.
Have a great evening. Hugs and cuddles to my little man and Giant Hugs to you. Have a fantastic evening... xoxoxo Beth and Cisco