Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Dealing With My Wonky Furnace

January 9, 2018

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it's going to be another beautiful day with temps in the low thirties.  I may have to wait until tomorrow to go grocery shopping though because I caught a chill during the night.  Hopefully, it will be gone later today.

I just opened the inside door so that I can keep an eye out for the mailman.  Yesterday, I waited all day to give him some mail but the mail never came until after 5 p.m.  Hmmm, I wonder why that was.  Maybe our regular mail carrier was having a day off and his replacement got a bit behind?  Ah well, I'll ask when the mail comes today.

Yesterday was a rather quiet day around here.  I really didn't do very much.  Well, I washed the dishes, cooked for us, and not much more.  I did play on the computer for a while.  Nothing creative, just fun stuff.  I resized a few pictures for puzzles, then I spent a couple hours doing jigsaw puzzles on my laptop.  This is super relaxing.

I don't have any new photos to post today so I thought I'd give you a couple more coloring pages.  These are freebies from Dover Publications.com.  If you go to their website and sign up, they'll send you freebies every week.  Coloring is good for the soul, so have fun.



Today the heat in the house is acting wonky.  Sometimes when it is working really well out in the main part of the house, it doesn't come to my part of the house.  When that happens, I just have to wait for it to find me before the place starts to warm up again.  That's what is happening today.  Thank goodness I have my little fireplace.

I talked with Deanne yesterday, and her ankle is healing very slowly.  This is what happens as we get older.  It takes much longer for the body parts to heal.  My friend Beth has been sick these past two days too.  Last night, she was going to go to the clinic.  I'll give her a call in a while to see how she made out.  Here's hoping that everyone gets well really soon.

Now I think I'll make a fresh cup of hot coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: