Sunday, January 21, 2018

It's Been An Exhausting Week!

January 21, 2018

Good morning.  It's 3:39 a.m. and I've been awake for about an hour so I decided to get up and make myself useful.  Right now, I'm enjoying a big cup of Cream Of Wheat.  It's a tasty way to start off one's day. 

Yesterday afternoon, I was totally exhausted and fell asleep.  I woke up just long enough to whip up some supper and then went right back to sleep until about two thirty this morning.  I should be good now until after lunch later today.  Who knows, maybe I'll last all day.  Now that would be nice.

Friday, the guys finally did show up to start work on my fuel tanks.  They had to unhook the old ones, transfer any fuel over to a holding tank, then cut up the old tanks and bring them out of the basement to the yard to be loaded on to their truck and carried away.  All this before putting in a new tank.  They also had to take out the old vent and fill pipes, and put in new ones. 

Meanwhile, the new tank that they had picked up for me would not fit into the house.  Not by the cellar doors and not by bringing it in through the house and down the basement stairs.  It was about four inches too wide, and a bit too tall.  So, they had to go get me another one, just a bit smaller. 

These guys worked hard all day getting everything done.  Finally, they finished and packed up to leave around 5:45 p.m.  It's just a big old tank, but it sure does look nice down there in my basement.  This new tank holds about fifty gallons less than the old tank, but I'm sure it will be all right. 

This new fuel company is really doing a great job for me.  They have fixed my heating problems and they've taken care of a serious problem (replacing the old fuel tanks).  I think I'm going to be very happy with them. 

Yesterday morning, I got up early and decided to go do a few errands.  I did my grocery shopping, got my second half of the pneumococcal vaccine,  then stopped at the Post Office to mail a couple of packages.  Then I headed to the bank before finally arriving back home.  Joe was home and helped me carry in all the bundles.  Thank goodness, because by the time everything was put away, I was wiped out. 

Today is a new day, and I have high hopes that it will be a good day.  I have a couple stacks of magazines and catalogues that I need to go through before putting them out in the recycle bin.  It's amazing how quickly these things pile up.

Years ago, I had a wonderful crock pot.  It was oblong shaped and I loved cooking in it.  At one point, I had lent it out, but it came back to me in pieces.  First the pan part, and a few months later the base was returned.  By that time, I had gotten rid of the pan part.  Since then, I have never found another one like it.  Until a couple nights ago.  I finally found it in a catalogue.  I looked it up on Amazon and surprise, surprise, they had it too.  So I ordered it for me.

I do have a nice crock pot, but it is very heavy, and it's difficult to remove the ceramic pot for cleaning.  Therefore, I don't use it very often.  I'm sure I'll get lots more use out of this new crock pot.

Friday afternoon, I also called the Paris Cabaret to reserve a table for the February 10th Valentine show.  This will probably be one of Jazzy's last shows at the Cabaret until after her high school Spring drama performance. 

Last week, Deanne had stopped by to see her grandbabies and took this adorable photo of Xander.  He had just woken up from his nap.  Goodness, he is such a happy baby.  This is how he is all the time. 

Later today, I want to work on finishing up my little red baby hats.  I need to get them into the mail soon.  After that, I still have the Cranberry afghan to finish.  In between, I need to get cracking on putting my tax stuff together. 

On that happy thought, I'll take my leave.  So, until tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.


gypsyrose said...

Sorry you are not sleeping so well hope you sleep better tonight, sounds like you had a busy day yesterday geting a lot done , So glad you got your fuel tank all sorted now must be a load off your mind and nice to get some heat at last Xander looks a lovely happy boy nice photo of him, have a good day I never remember the time difference think its about 8/9 hours its 12.30 noon here take care x

smiekeltje said...

Happy for you that all ended well with the fuel tank!
It took some time, but now you can be without worries!
Seems that this company is much better than the old one. You were lucky to have found them.

Oh, boy 10 years of blogging! That is a long time. Congratulations! and nice that Audrey likes to have your blogbooks. will be a good reference for all the grandchildren of things that happened in the family.
I don;t know for sure when i started it. it was 2006 or 2008. Anyway, also a long time.

Hope you had some good rest after all the excitement and some good sleep too.
ow going to post on my blog, yeah I am late, but that has a reason.
You can read it on my blog okay?

Beth Reed said...

I know that you will love your slow cooker. I loved mine. Ohhh the things that I would make in mine. I love the red. It is so bright and cheerful.

I am very glad that they have your tanks in. I was thinking that 50 gallons less seems like a lot in a way, but the old ones were leaking so perhaps the 50 gallons less will last longer than the ones that were leaking if that makes sense.

I am more tired today than I was yesterday. I will take a short nap soon. I want to read Kyra's blog and update my own, but it might be this afternoon before I do.. Hugs, Beth and Cisco... xxx