Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A Mini Heat Wave Today!

December 12, 2017

Good morning.  Tis gray and cool outside.  I say cool because today we're having a mini heat wave.  The temperature right now is 39F degrees and will be working it's way up to 49F degrees in a few hours.  Woo Hoo!  Of course, by tonight the temperature will be back down in the low twenties.  But I'll take a warm day anytime!

I may even make a quick trip out today to pick up a few groceries.  We'll see how energetic I feel in a couple hours.  I'll start making up a grocery list when I finish this post.  Just in case!   Oh dear, I almost forgot.  I can't go anywhere until after the heating fuel delivery. 

Well, that just might make a big dent in any plans I may have for today.  The fuel company doesn't believe in giving the customer any hints about what part of the day they might show up.  You just stay home all day and wait.  Hmmm, well I'll make my list anyway.  If I have to, I'll go later today.  We'll see.

Today I want to share a really pretty Christmas scrap page that my friend Beth made for Pogo and me.  As you can see, it features my favorite little guy.  This is so pretty.  Thank you Beth.  We love it.


I just switched the TV over to the Weather Channel to see what sort of weather we have coming this week.  Cold, cold, cold!  I should have left the TV on the Jewelry Channel.  It was definitely much prettier. 

Last night, Joe put up the Christmas tree out in the house.  Now it's looking like Christmas around here.  I do think, though, that I'll need to pick up a few new ornaments and a new garland for the tree.  As the years go by, we lose a few ornaments and tinsel garlands. 

Daughter Deanne sent me a photo of the Christmas tree that she put up in her back yard.  It's not finished yet, but my goodness it is soooo pretty!


I have a new string of lights that I was going to put up on my porch, but I haven't put it up yet.  As soon as I figure out where I put the lights, I'll figure out a way to put them up.  I'll need to figure out how to plug them into electricity too.  There is only one outlet outside and I use it for the heated birdbath. 

Well, that's my news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

gypsyrose said...

the scrap page with Pogo is lovely he is so cute, Its so annoying when you cant plan your day when you have to hang around for a delivery hope they didnt keep you waiting to long. the lights on your daughters outside tree is so pretty, I hope you get your lights put up ok take care x