Thursday, December 18, 2014

Wow! Only A Week Till Christmas!

December 18, 2014

Good morning.  Wowee, have you noticed how quickly time is passing by?  Christmas is only one week away!  Just six more evenings, and we'll be putting out cocoa and cookies for Santa, and going to sleep early so that Santa will come to our house.

Speaking of Santa, a huge box arrived a couple of days ago with a note from Santa asking me to hold it for Christmas Eve.  This will make more room in his sleigh for presents for other kids.  The big box has Pogo's present from Santa inside. 

Hmmm, how am I going to sneak this into the living room?  Pogo doesn't miss anything, and every tiny noise wakes him up during the night.  I'll have to work on this.

A few days ago, I bought some nice warm fleecy material, enough for two small blankets.  I called a local tailor shop to see how much they would charge me to sew the four edges over on each of the two pieces of material.  I almost choked on the price they quoted. 

The lady sweetly said "It will cost between $25 and $50 per piece."  Are you kidding me?  $100 to sew eight short edges?  (I've been in the wrong line of work all these years!)  These were supposed to be fuzzy blankets for Pogo's new sofa.  Oh well, I'll just buy a couple of baby blankets when I go shopping this week.

 Later when I feel energetic, I'll get out a needle and some thread and sew the seams on the material by hand.  When I was young, I used to sew all my clothes by hand until I could afford a sewing machine.  Or maybe I'll use this as a reason to pick up a new sewing machine.  We'll see. 

I was going to take photos of our new heated birdie water bowl but it still needs a bit of work.  It isn't level, so Joe will have to see what he can do to level it.  Meanwhile, I took a photo of the box that it came in. 


I have another interesting photo to share that I took the last time Pogo and I went to the park.  I just thought that the shapes were interesting against the sky.


Later today I must finish wrapping the last of the Christmas gifts and get them ready to deliver.  There's really not a lot left to do.  The bulk of the work will be in the picking up and putting away of all the wrapping materials. 

Well that's all the news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Your heated bird bath is much nicer than what I had - a much better depth for them.
Hmmm, perhaps I need to go into the sewing business those ladies have. I wonder if they actually get any takers on that. What a ridiculous price to stitch together straight edges.
Hard to believe another year is almost behind us.

LV said...

Did not know they made heated birdbaths. There are so many birds around here, do not not want to encourage anymore. Enjoyed your post very much. My life is not interesting enough to right about.

Debby said...

Have you seen the fleece blankets that you tie all the way around. It is so easy. No sewing involved. Pogo would love them. He might think the little knots are doggy bones.
I feel like I left Christmas for a few days and just returning. I only have 3 days and I leave for Colorado. I have a bunch of things to do. Christmas isn't the stress this year. Hoping that it will all be solved before I leave. Besides my son the stress is the delivery of my packages. Nothing is arriving. Other than my Origami Owl boxes, nothing. I ordered the cutet felt sewn things for three of the littles. It was mailed two weeks ago. Never arrived. The Etsy owner remade them and sent them express a few days ago, and still nothing has arrived. Oh my. My husband comes out a couple of days later so if all else fails maybe they will arrive before he leaves. Little Mabel's is one of the gifts. She has a birthday this month so she will get those gifts instead. One is a pretend campfire all made out of felt, with fish to roast over the flames. If that doesn't come it will be bad. My daughter has his whole Christmas build around that.
You have a wonderful Christmas. You are such a giving person and deserve the best. Hugs

smiekeltje said...

Are they nuts in that shop charging that samount of money for perhaps 10 minutes of work??????????
Don't you know somebody around you that has a sweing machine? And yeah, if not, I think it will be cheaper to buy some fleece baby blankets or such.
Time is flying now towards Christmas.
Soon we will see what Santa bought us LOL!
Try to take it a bit wasy these last days before Christmas so that you will be able to enjoy it to the full.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs
Kyra