Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The More Time I Have, The More Side-Tracked I Get!

December 2, 2014

Good morning.  It's looking a bit on the cloudy side so far, so I'll have to turn on the Weather Channel in a while to see what type of weather we will have today. 

I sat down earlier to type my post here, and somehow got sidetracked.  What else is new?  lol.  I thought maybe I would pay a couple of bills first, and got out my checkbook.  Then I spotted a receipt that had not been put in the proper folder so I decided to do that before I forgot it again. 

The next thing I knew, I was knee deep in receipts, junk mail and a new pile of magazines to go through.  My brain must be wired loosely, because I seem to get off track so easily these days.  Anyway, I did make a big pile for the trash, another to go through later after I'm done posting here, and another smaller pile that I need to take care of right away.  Ah well, at least I did get something accomplished.

Yesterday was rather quiet around here.  My little Pogo was not feeling so good, and had no appetite for anything that I prepared for him to eat.   Finally, late last evening he had a bit of diarrhea and was later able to fall asleep comfortably.  Our weather has been so up and down, it's no wonder that he probably caught a little cold in his tummy.

I've finished the new scarf that I started, and put a few more rows on the shocking pink afghan.  Once this afghan is finished, I'll get back to finishing the little lapghan.  It's almost done so it won't take very long. 

I've also been taking a break from all the wrapping and packing, but now I really must get back to it.  I want to have most of my packages out in the mail by the end of this week.  So I guess today and tomorrow I'll have to stick to it until all of it is finished. 

Some of the dwarfs have decided that they would like to do a Christmas swap this year.  They have never done this before here so it should be a lot of fun.  Also, a really nice blogger ran into quite a patch of bad luck this year.  Her home was badly damaged by storms, and things are still not back to normal for her and her family.  Several other nice bloggers have joined me in trying to bring a bit of Christmas happiness to her and her family.  Gosh, you just gotta love the wonderful spirit in the blog world.

Pretty soon it will be time to start setting aside things to take with us on vacation.  I've already taken care of our plane tickets.  I heard that airline ticket prices were being raised quite a bit, and was surprised at how much this year's tickets were going to cost.  I was lucky though, and managed to get us a decent price. 

As I sit here typing, my little Pogo is curled up next to me, snoring away.  Gosh, this is such beautiful music to my ears!!  I am so blessed!!

Before I leave to get busy around here, I have a couple photos to share.  I took these the other day while we at the park.  The sun was trying very hard to shine down on us, but the cloud cover was quite thick that day.



Well that's about all the news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Angelicastar said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving. I've been trying to get online for 2 days. Internet explorer was the only browser I used, but for some reason the hacker on the Walmart website decided they would take over my browser. They only destroyed some of the files because my security shut it down. I finally was able to get online for a few minutes through another program update and I downloaded google chrome and mozilla firefox. I was completing an online class last week and I didn't get a chance to stop by. Tell little pogo I hope he feel better. My little girls, babs and queen have been doing great so far. Our weather is changing a lot but not like yours. So far no snow. Many years ago it did snow at night and around noon it had melted. Take care of pogo and keep him warm.

LV said...

I enjoy reading your daily activities. I need to start cleaning out files and getting ready for the tax man next year. An update on Suzanne. They finally got their house repaired and moved some things back in. I have tons of things stored at my house but she is overwhelmed from everything, and is going to wait until after the holidays to move everything back in. She seems to be dealing with it all very well.

Debby said...

I hope Lil Pogo feels better. I've taken my dogs off all grain including corn. The less the ingredients the better for them. Thanks for all the tips about reverse morgage. Those were things that I didn't know. Always an option for us. Thanks. Pretty pictures.