Friday, December 19, 2014

"The Secret Santa" - Simply Wonderful

December 19, 2014

Good morning.  This morning the temps are in the 30'sF, and it is cloudy.  I guess it's going to stay that way until Monday when it is supposed to get up into the 40's.  Well, except for one or two errands, I don't have to go out over the next few days. 

Yesterday, I picked up a couple of blankets for Pogo.  Plus, I found a "no sew" kit for a fleecy throw, so I bought that too.  After reading the instructions, I think I can manage this project.  I shall find out soon enough. 

Last evening, I watched a Christmas story on TV.  It's titled "The Secret Santa".  Wow, what a program!  It was absolutely charming, heart warming, and simply wonderful.  It's on again today at noon on TLC, (cable channel) so I'm going to tape it so that I can watch it again on Christmas Eve. 

It's a story about the volunteers who sort, and read, the letters that children write to Santa Claus, a man named Lucas Nast, and a lot of fabulous phenomenons that leave scientists scratching their heads trying to figure out how these things happened.   Maybe if they had a bit more faith in the heart's beliefs, they would already know how these things happen.

Do I believe in Santa Claus?  Why of course I do!!!  He's been my friend since I was a very little girl. 
And he'll be here in my heart till my last day on this earth.  Here's a layout that I posted back in 2009 of me and Santa.  The photo was taken in 1993. 


Would you believe that I just spent over an hour going through my files and blog books to find this layout?   Just goes to show how easily I can get side-tracked. 

This morning, I did a bit more wrapping.  I really don't have very much at all left to do.  Mostly I just have the dwarfs' gifts for under the tree left to wrap.  I was thinking that I'd wait and do these over the weekend.  Then I can start packing up all the wrapping materials and put it all away till next year.

Later today or tomorrow, I have to go to Ace Hardware store to drop off another load of dog and cat food.  The trunk in my car is full, so Joe will come with me to lift all the bags out and carry them into the store. 

Well, that's about all the news for this morning.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Of course we still belive in Santa!
And we will have to keep on doing that, because loosing a bit of our child's heart andbelieves means we better could give up living.
Gosh, 1993, that seems sooooooo long ago. In that year I only knew Jan for about 1 1/2 year!
Life was different then, but we are still around and strong headed keep going on, what do you think?
Have a lovely weekend!
Hug
Kyra