Tuesday, December 30, 2014

I'm Busy With Projects A, B, C, D and E


December 30, 2014 

Good morning.  The sun is shining but it is a tad bit cold.  It's only expected to get up to about 30F today, and back down to 20F  tonight.  Tomorrow will be more of the same.  Brrrrr!  I did not want to crawl out from under my blanket this morning, but Pogo insisted on eating.   Not that he ate any of the tasty breakfast that I prepared for him.  It was doggie food, and he did not eat it!

I guess the big question is whether I actually did some work on the kitchen yesterday.  Well, yes, I did.  I worked my fat little fingers to the bone (well, not quite down to the bone), and made quite a nice mess of everything. 

You know how it is - before you can do "A", you first have to do "B".  However, before you can do "B", you have to "C", etc, etc.  I'm in the middle of working on C, D and E.  As soon as I can, I'll get back to working on A.   In order to make room for the new oven, I have to move the microwave and the two-drawer storage units.  These units have to be moved in to the pantry. 

Here's where C, D and E come in.  In order to make room for the storage units, I have to go through a lot of dishware, other glassware, dry goods, etc.  This is where I get bogged down.  It's not so easy to get rid of my "stuff".    But I'm slowly getting there.  So far, I've filled two cardboard boxes with dinnerware, and Joe put the boxes in my car so that we can deliver them later today to the Good Will store.

Today, I'll try to fill a couple more boxes.  Sad to say, I really don't need most of this stuff.  After all, there's only me and one tiny little dog here.  I should be able to get along just fine with dinnerware service for two.  (or service for one and a half)   So, I've decided that I'll get rid of most everything, and then go buy me a new set of dinnerware for two.  I'm keeping my mugs though.  I'm quite fond of my odd little mug collection.

Well, as you can see, this project is going to keep me busy for quite a while.  This sort of stuff is not my forte.  You most definitely do not want to hire me to do any house cleaning or organizing.  But, I am really good at doing laundry.  And, I'm kind to small children, old folks and all God's furry critters.  So that has to count for something.  Right?

Now that the shocking pink afghan is finished, I'm back to working on the blue, black and white one.  Plus, last evening I started a new light gray one.  I've had this gray yarn for a while now, and I've been itching to see how it works up.  I'm just not sure what other color to put with it.  This type of project makes me so much happier than the houseworkie stuff.

Yesterday while I was posting here, Pogo was curled up next to me.  After a while I turned my head to see how he was doing, and he was not there.  Instead, there was a cocoon shaped pile of blanket.  But when I looked closer, I noticed one tiny little ear sticking out from the top of this cocoon. 



The photos aren't the greatest because I was trying to take the photos quickly with my phone before Pogo realized what I was doing.   His antics always keep me so amused. 

Joe and I will do our food shopping later this afternoon because I'm sure the market will be quite crowded tomorrow.  Everyone will be shopping for food and snacks for their New Year's Eve parties.  I already have a bag of low salt potato chips, a jar of onion dip and some Nestle's chocolate dipped ice cream cones, so I'm all set for my own private little party.

Well that's about all my news for this morning.   Now I must get back to the pantry and see how much of a dent I can make in the "toss out" project.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Terrible, isn;t it, that when starting on a project, the C D E etc. come into it too! At the end though, you will be happy with it and got rid of some stuff you actually don;t need anymore.
Pogo really likes to crawl into and under his warm blankets, so cute!
Wishing you a nice and quiet New Year's Eve and good entering into the new year.
I cannot belive tomorrow we already are into 2015!
Happy day
Hugs
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

Oh projects! They stall us, frustrate us but in the end we get them done and feel so accomplished! I wish you well with your kitchen project. Sounds nice.