Thursday, December 4, 2014

It's Time To Start Making Trips To The Post Office


December 4, 2014

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it is cold.  It is 39F degrees headed towards 42F, and tomorrow will be about the same.  Saturday promises to be warmer, but with rain.

Yesterday I got all but two of my Christmas cards in the mail.  Just before I put them out, I found out that two of the addresses had changed.  I now have the new addresses, and this morning I will put new address stickers on the envelopes and put them out in tomorrow's mail. 

When Joe and I go food shopping later today, we'll stop at the Post Office and mail out some of my boxes.  We'll have to make another trip tomorrow, and one more as soon as the last few gift items that I had ordered arrive in the mail.

We'll also have to stop by Ace Hardware and pick up some bird seed.  It's on sale for a very good price.  I'll also buy a large bag of dog food and cat food to put in the "Animal Shelter Donations" cart that will be at the front of the store.  Every year, Ace Hardware collects food for the local shelters the whole month of December.  This is the only store that I know of that does this, so I'll buy some food each week to put in the cart.

Today I have a few more photos from our recent trip to the park.  There were a few people there that day feeding the geese and ducks, and the first photo shows a gull flying off with a chunk of bread.





Today I need to check out a few more health insurance alternatives while I still have some time.  The deadline is Saturday.  There really should be insurance seminars at all the local senior centers before the open enrollment time rolls around to explain all the different plans to the seniors in the community.  So far I have not found any of this offered at our local senior center. 

Well, there's really not much news for this morning, so I think I'll mosey on out to the kitchen and make myself a cup of coffee.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I am so jealous that you have your cards done. I haven't even started and time is running out!

Love the pictures of the birds. So nice.

The Queen Jester said...

You are so efficient!
We have received a goodly amount of rain in the last couple of days here as well...lots of mud slides and problems in the area as a result, but we are unaffected in our park.
Sure makes a mess when there's no vegetation to hold the water back.