Friday, December 12, 2014

It Snowed Yesterday, I Think


December 12, 2014

Good morning.  It's early, only 6:12 a.m. so I don't really know what to expect for weather today.  Yesterday's snow was so erratic.  For a while it was light, yet thick.  Then it was so heavy it was almost a whiteout.  In a little while it was back to very light snow again.  By 2:30 in the afternoon, the snow had stopped.  Oh oh, wait a minute.  In a little while it started up again, but very lightly this time.  Amazing!!  Needless to say, there's no snow on the ground. (I like this kind of snow!)

When Joe got home from work yesterday, he loaded up some of my boxes into the car and we took them to the Post Office.  The clerk was quite surprised indeed to see us come in with all those packages.  It was five minutes before they closed.  Oh my.

However, I have to say that our clerk was ever so nice and cheerful as she took care of all my packages.  Actually, she is always very cheerful and always asks about Pogo if I don't bring him in with me.  This Post Office is in the next town over, but I go there because the help there is friendly, helpful and polite.

Next we went food shopping, and I picked up some more packing tape.  Later, once everything was put away and supper was cooked and eaten, I was too tired to tape up any boxes.  Instead I called and chatted with a friend for a while, watched my favorite TV programs and then promptly fell asleep.

The bad side of falling asleep too early is that I tend to wake up early in the morning, and cannot get back to sleep.  So, this morning at 4:30 I was busy wrapping a few things and taping up boxes.  Now there is another stack of boxes out on the washing machine waiting to go to the Post Office.  This will finish off all my mailings. 

Today, I have some cute photos that I took of one of our very entertaining squirrels.  I think in another life, he had a job in a circus as an aerial artist.






 You know, they might be pesky little critters, but they sure do keep us entertained with their creativeness.  And we don't mind if they help themselves to some of the bird food because they need to eat too. 

Well that's my news for this morning.  I think I'm going to try to have a little nap.  DIL Janet is going to be stopping by this afternoon, and tonight I'm going to watch granddaughter Jasmine and her theatre group perform a Seussical Musical.  Jazzy is going to play the Grinch.  I can hardly wait!!!

So, till Sunday, Y'all stay dry and have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm with you on the squirrels. I put out the food for the birds and they steal it, but they have to eat also. Have fun at the show tonight.

LV said...

We have so many squirrels around here. They are cute to watch, but are a pest as well. They have dug so many holes in my yard. My sister said Suzanne got another package and I am sure it was yours from what she said Have not talked to Suzanne. Stay warm.

Online Coaching and Training said...

I just love reading your blogs. This one is amazing. I like the words you used. Thanks for sharing!

smiekeltje said...

Amazing how the squirrel keeps himself on the rope to pick some food!
They sure are amusing.
Happy Joe helps you with the boxes, you seem to send away a lot of them!
I am sure you will have a great evening watching the musical with Jasmine in it.
Catch a few winks extra before you go, at least, try to.! LOL
Have a wonderful day.Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I used to do the same thing by going to a specific post office due to the service they provided. What a difference it makes when you are received with a smile and not made to feel you are an inconvenience in their day.

Annesphamily said...

In my shed which we cleaned out last weekend before the cold set in, we found lots of peanut shells. I think a squirrel was holed up in there. LOL! Your photos are priceless. I love seeing them here. Thanks for sharing.