Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 10, 2013

Good afternoon.  We are back to the very warm and still sticky temps.  Not very much fun, specially today.  I had a critter inspector come out today because I believed we might be having a problem.  Well, we do.  Absolutely, definitely not any fun at all.  That's all I'll say about that for now.

I've been hot, tired and cranky all morning.  However, my friend Kyra sent me an email that really brightened up my day.  In it was another fabulous scrapbook layout.  This one featured me getting big hugs from a very large fuzzy bear.  I just can't resist these big fuzzy animals.  Kyra, thank you so much.


There's not much news for today.  I do have to call Pogo's doctor and reschedule his appointment that was for this morning to another day.   Then I need to get back to my "toss or save" project.  I've started weeding out some of my things.  I have too much stuff that I don't use any more.  It's hard to part with some of it, but necessary. 

I already have a nice big stack of computer and photoshop books to be taken to the Salvation Army store.  Next, I'll start thinning out the clothes that I've been saving forever.  I used to be under the delusion that I would someday fit back into most of these clothes.  However, I have discovered that this will not be happening in this lifetime.  Boo Hoo.

Now I am going to make some lunch for myself and Pogo, then get busy here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Debby said...

oh no, hope the critter problem isn't too bad. Scary. Couldn't be worse than 200 buzzards living in your trees for 4 months. Legally we can't do much. But after so many years this year we may do something not legal.
Severe storm warnings out for Ohio right now. Looks like the furries and I may be going downstairs today for shelter. So much rain here. Stay cool, dry and critter free.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Ummm ... critter problems ... not good! Sorry to hear it, hope there is a good solution without much killing of critters.

You are wise to be clearing out stuff. I tell myself every day that I am going to do that, but somehow it never gets started. Oh, now and then I'll stuff some things in a bag and call the Vets to come get it, but I have soooooooo much to get rid of. Some things that are too valuable to give away, which means I have to find a collector who is willing to pay at least close to what it is worth. Lots and lots of work ... overwhelming in fact, which is why it never gets started.

It is very hot here today but I am going to have to cut grass again. I am waiting until evening when it starts to cool down and the house shades the yard so I don't burn up into a big crisp.

I love the Kyra page and what she said is so cool and so you ... Where did you find this treasure? Well, I better get going. I am trying to start an Izzi page on my blog and it seems to be more work than I had imagined. But, never say die ... I'll get it done:) Catch you tomorrow ... have a good day, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

Well you really do go from one extreme to the other - huge furry animals and little tiny ones.
You are smart to continue purging stuff along the way. Had I been doing that it would have been much easier when we changed our lifestyles. Looking back I still don't see how I pulled it off in two months, wouldn't want to do it again!

Nani said...

When I went out to wait for the bus this morning the air was positively WET! I swear If I reached out and grabbed with my hand it would be a palm full of water when I opened it. Then this afternoon we had sirens and a severe storm, tornado and flash flood warning all at once! Then almost as quick as tat all closed in, it was clear sunny and a LOT cooler. If our storms are coming your way beware that they’re nasty, but the cold front after is nice. We’re going to sleep with no air conditioning and open windows tonight!

Kyra is putting together a great book for you!! I love the Margaret Mead quote; perfect for you and the bear!

I admire your toss or save project. I’ve got some organizing I’m planning to do tomorrow so we can get some furniture moved. Problem is I feel tired just thinking about it (and that really is just lazy on my part!)

For now, David just offered Dulce De Leche ice cream as a snack before bed. And tonight, I said yes!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Oh whee, no fun at all to have a problem with little critters! I truly hope you can get rid of them very quickly! And yes, you have the right to be cranky because of it!
Brave of you to start sorting stuff out to get rid of it. That is such a difficult thing to do sometimes!
Jan always says: if you didn't use or wore something for about a year, you don;t really need it. It has a truth in it, but ......., yeah,.you know.
Lots of luck with the critter-fight!
Hugs
Kyra