Sunday, July 14, 2013

It's Poopy Time!

July 14, 2013

Good morning.  Thank goodness it is cloudy outside this morning.  It's already warm,  74F degrees on its way to 90F.  But the stickies!!  The humidity is 94%.  Once you are outside for a few minutes, you can wring the water out of your hair. 

The work here on the house is coming along.  Everyone has been fairly cooperative about helping to clean up around the house, attic and basement.   We should know by Tuesday when the house will be treated.  My part of the house will be done shortly after that.  I still have a lot of things to go through and get rid of.  I will be so glad when all of this is done.

I'm having to put my plans for the yard on hold for a while until I have decided what I can afford to do out there.  At least there is new yard furniture for the dwarfs to enjoy.  When it is not so hot, they can sit out and enjoy a breeze in the evening. 

I'm watching all the flooding everywhere (on the Weather Channel on TV).  I just don't understand why one of our smart leaders hasn't figured out about putting in water pipe lines yet.  There is no reason for all this flooding and all the fires if only we could avert the overflow of water to areas in need of more water.  If we can build oil pipelines, we can build water pipe lines!

Today I have photos of a Tragopogon plant, otherwise known as a Western Salsify or Goatbeard.  It starts out with a pretty yellow daisy-like flower on a tall stem, and then turns into a huge seed ball, like a dandelion seed ball.  These are growing in the Mrs' yard at work.



Here's an ad that I came across while searching for something online.  This delightful new product is eco-friendly Earth Rated Poop Bags.  It's poopy time folks, and these wonderful little bags are on sale for up to 20% off at www.Chewy.com.  The little bag holder is so adorable, and will clip right on to your belt loop or key ring.  It's just what we need for when we take our doggies out for a stroll.


Okay, enough babble.  I need to get busy and do a few things here.  Before you know it, it will be nap time and then back to work.  I've taken the next couple of  Fridays off from work to give myself a little more time to get some work done around here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe, and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning. Miss Me? I have been on a mini vacation and am trying to catch up. I've read your blog from the 4th to today, whew...you have been busy, busy! Love the photos of all the animals and birds and Oh how LOVELY all the RAK photos are from Kyra. They are splendid and indeed you will have a beautiful book to print! I am still trying to catch up on my blog friends, so will hush for this post and catch you on the next one, try to stay cool. Hugs for you and that adorable Pogo! Mat

The Queen Jester said...

I'm always amazed by the number of products out there for pets. The Poopy Time gadget looks really sweet...small and handy. It seems like most dog owners are very responsible and pick up after their pets, but I suppose there are always some that just ignore it and go on their way.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Boy, you are putting us all to shame. How you do so much, blog every day, go to work at night and find new products for us is beyond me. But, don't change a thing, we are all loving it:)

I have been away from the computer. Izzi had another Trial and it was sooooo hot and miserable that when we got home in the evening, there was no energy left even to read blogs let alone comment. I will have to so some catching up so I am up to date. Meanwhile, I am going to close rather quickly because I need to fix dinner and my Granddaughter is coming tonight, so I have to get things in order for her. Oh my, Yawn ... I am pooped. No rest for the weary they say :) Catch you later, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

aquascrap said...

I am catching up on reading some blogs and you have been busy. I need to get my butt into gear and do a clean out here too. Tony thinks we'll have nothing left once I get going.

It's a shame all pet owners can't be responsible like you. Our local councils install the dog pooper bags at most of the parks for people to use but only a few actually use them. I am amazed at all the doggy poo that is left behind. It doesn't make a trip to the park very enjoyable.

Our weather has been kind to us. We have had lots of rain but surprisingly the temps have been mild. Have been enjoying the outdoors.

Must be off...Katie is still here and is looking for some lunch.

Take care
Hugs
Judy xx

smiekeltje said...

Wonderful to read all the tenants are doing their bit.
You have been busy, my dear! Good idea to take some Fridays off to have some more time. Now hoping soon the critter vusiness will be done with, and that you will have some more space in the house, after dumping a lot of things!
Take care
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra