Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Fabulous Way To Start The Day

July 24, 2013

Good morning.  Early this morning when I looked at my  email, I found the most wonderful surprise.  Kyra has sent me another fabulous layout.  This one gave me giggles and smiles, and now that I'm home (from work) I'm still smiling.   Have a lookee and smile with me.


Is this not the cutest little guy?  I am ever so thankful that Pogo is in my life.  The joy that he brings me is priceless.  Kyra girl, Pogo and I thank you.  This is such a gorgeous scrap page. 

This morning, there was no one to sit with Pogo when Joe had to leave for work, so he put Pogo into my apartment to wait for me.  I had left the pantry light on so it would not be so dark.  When I got home a couple of hours later, my Pogo was so happy.  He ran around and danced and gave me kisses.  Boy oh boy, what a great way to start my day. 

So let's make this a Pogo day.  Here's another scrapbook page that Kyra has made, and a close up shot that I took of Pogo two days ago.  He really is ready for another hair cut.  His hair is getting thick and wavy and the short hair feels good in this heat.



By now, everyone has heard that the Royal Baby was born Monday afternoon,  and is already at home with his Mom and Dad.  I wish Prince William and Kate much happiness and many blessings with their new son.  I got this photo from the web.  This tiny new heir to the throne is adorable.


It must be an awesome feeling to know that the tiny son you have just given birth to will grow up to be King.  It boggles my mind.   Well, now I'm off to get started on this new day.  There's lots to do here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh, your post today is full of joy and smiles. Pogo, I am so glad to see new pictures of you. Izzi will be thrilled too, she has been asking about you.

It is exciting to witness the birth of a future king. Like you, I can remember when Queen Elizabeth was crowned and watching the birth of Prince Charles and Princess Margaret and on and on ... just shows how long we have been around,I'm afraid. I had a penpal in Wales at the time of the Coronation and she sent me stuff ... Oh, if only I had the sense to keep it all. I think I left it behind when I got married and it wasn't with my parents things when we went through them, so guess it is all gone. But today is a new day with a new prince ... how wonderful for the Royal Family.

Now if you ever get the insatiable urge to see "The Bean", I know where you could stay and I would be happy to go down with you. It is a most interesting experience and it is right next door to the Chicago Art Institute which is another wonderful place to visit... just sayin'

I have to go out on my hill today to cut down burr bushes. They just popped up out of nowhere and they are all over the hill. The burrs are still green so they aren't grabbing on to anything yet, but I have to get them down because Izzi loves to run the hill and she would be a mess if she brushed up against a sticky burr. That will probably be all that I do today, because working on the hill is very tiring ... just keeping my balance is work. So I hope you have a nice day planned for yourself ... I know you are working for a friend, but I don't remember if it is day or night. You be well, Edna and stay rested. Loves to that handsome boy, Pogo too.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Totally awesome pages of Pogo, Kyra does such lovely work doesn't she? But them when you have the cutest subject, it makes it easy to create!
Great photo off the net of the new Royal baby, looks like he already has the Royal Wave going...LOL!
Lovely buggy photos you have taken too!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. So enjoyed your "visit"!
Have a terrific day ahead!
Hugs, Mat
PS Thanks for the smiles today too!
:)

The Queen Jester said...

Another sweet page from Kyra. I love the Red Sox outfit Pogo is sporting.
We in Ham-a-lot are pleased to see the baby named George.
I pity that he isn't a cute and fluffy as our George, but he looks healthy.
You have a good night.

smiekeltje said...

Glad I could make you smile LOL!
I think George isn;t too bad for the baby, although I hoped for a bit more creativity in the choice of the name! But I think they have to look at tradition and such.
We had a little bit of rain this morning, good for the garden, and yeah, it is still warm.
We'll see what mischieve we can get in today .
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra

Nani said...

Kyra is spoiling you with what can be a very nice book! What a sweet fried! I love Pogo's baseball page!

Hugs, Nani