Friday, July 19, 2013

I Love My Built In GPS

July 19, 2013

Good morning.  It's only 9:40 a.m., and it's already been a very busy morning.  As I sit here typing, there are rivulets of water running down my body.  The temps are already in the 90'sF, and it is sticky, sticky, sticky.

The pest control man is here doing his thing around the house, and of course, there are some grumpy dwarfs.  Well, too bad Harry!  Everyone was advised that this day was coming, and they had plenty of time to make plans to be elsewhere for a few hours.  The chemicals smell nasty, and it's not good to be breathing them in.  The dwarfs have been told to leave the premises for a few hours, but they don't seem to want to comply.  What else is new?

Today the temps will be kissing 100, so tempers are not always the best.  I am not looking forward to keeping these unhappy dwarfs in line until the air in and around the house is breathable again later.

On a happier note, here's a couple of photos of a rather lovely and useful weed, Milkweed.  These are growing in the Mrs' garden at work.  The colors on each tiny flowerlet are white, yellow and lavender.



I took these photos a couple of weeks ago, and now there are lots of pods forming on the plants.  It's such an unusual looking plant, and I thought quite interesting.

Yesterday, Pogo had his doctor appointment, and got his 3 year rabies and distemper shots along with a blood test for heartworm    When we left the hospital, I decided to take a ride and go visit my sister in law, Edie.  I haven't seen her in such a long time, and she is just the sweetest SIL any girl could have.  I used the built in GPS in Baby Girl, and we got there just fine. 

We had a fabulous visit, and on the way home, I made one wrong turn.  So I pulled over to the side of the road and turned on the GPS.  That got us back on the right road.  All in all, it was a very pleasant afternoon and evening.

Last night, my favorite program "Project Runway" started its new season.  What a perfect way to end a long day.  Now it's time to stop my rambling and get busy.  I  still have lots of things to go through here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

It sounds like you are having some serious pest control done, will be glad when it's over with and things can return to normal...whatever that might be.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I'm with you girl ... that GPS is awesome. We used it when we went to Nebraska and got everywhere we wanted to without a hitch ... even home :)

I don't envy having to have exterminators out ... I know that smell ... smells like horesradish. I guess that really depends on what you are after. We had carpenter ants in our house once and that was what I remember ... horseradish :)

I am off to a perennial garden with my friend Eve today. She should be arriving any minute then we will go. I love this garden, but the temps, like you, are going to be in the hundred range ... then this afternoon we are supposed to get a cold front and storms. The temps will get back down into the 80's (and they call that a cold front????).

I am hoping to get some good pictures at the gardens. Last time I was there, they had some exotic chickens running around ... you know me and chickens, this should be fun. Yes, I know, I keep making plans with my friend and avoiding the clean up ... I will run out of friends soon so I won't have a choice. Then you can feel sorry for me, the way I am feeling sorry for you now ... but I also envy you because you are getting it done. You have a good day and you put your foot down with the Dwarfs ... it needed to be done, enough said, right? Later, my friend ...

Andrea @ From The sol

suruha said...

Ola! Like the new ride! It's pretty! LOL I laughed when I read about you trying to figure out all it's bells-and-whistles! I used to work for the cable company - hooking up folks' tv's with their boxes, etc. I can't even operate a DVD player these days! LOL
Been thinking about you. I see you have been busy with the house! Woo hoo! You'll feel all good when it's complete. It'll be worth it!
Take care. I'll write more soon. I'm trying to get out of my self-imposed exile and be 'normal' again.

Hugs,
Su

smiekeltje said...

Sounds good that the whole pest control thing is almost over and done with. And yeah, no pity with the dwars who stay stubborn LOL! They knew it was coming.
When it's all done with and back to relatively normal, they will be grateful!
Good idea to have a ride in your new car and try out some things, and have a visit to Edie.
Today here is a bit cloudy(till now) and a bit less warm. But the next coming days it will be really hot too. As long as it will be a "dry warmth" we will survive and not complain.
May be today a good day to do something of painting. I do want to, but have to get myself a kick in the............ you know where ROFL!
Have a wonderful day, stay cool ( in various ways hahaha)
Hug
Kyra