Sunday, October 2, 2011

Oh, What A Glorious Day We Had!!!

October 2, 2011

Good morning.  It's a bit wet here in my little part of New England.  I must tell you though, even though yesterday started out on a wet note, it turned into a fabulous day for a photography walk.  I think Mother Nature just knew that I really needed a nice day to get out and walk, and boy oh boy, did she ever deliver!!!

Tootsie and I went alone because everyone we asked was either already busy or worried about getting a little wet from the rain.  As it turned out, the sun started to shine right after we drove out of the driveway.  We headed out for Plymouth Harbor, stopping along the way to take photos of some turkeys that were out for a stroll.


When we got to the harbor in Plymouth Center, I parked the car in the very first parking lot, and we set off on our photo walk.  Wowee, what a glorious day it turned out to be!  We walked along the edge of the water all the way around to the other end of the Pilgrim Memorial State Park. 

I got so many wonderful photos, that I will have to spread them out over a few days.  One of the things that we stopped to photograph was the Mayflower.  My ancestors came over on this ship.  It's amazing to think that this little ship made it all the way across the ocean to Plymouth.  Here's my Tootsie posing with the Mayflower as a backdrop, followed by a closer look at the ship.



Note the dark clouds that were coming our way and blocking out some of the sun.  They were moving past us rather quickly so Tootsie and I kept on walking.  After a couple of hours though, the clouds started coming our way again so we walked back to the car and headed for home.

We were about halfway home when I noticed the clouds becoming really dark so I pulled over at an intersection to take a picture.  Then I got right back into my car and scooted along towards home, hoping to get there before the rain came.  Here's how the sky looked when I stopped for the photo.


Scary looking, huh?   We almost made it!   We were oh so close to home, and the clouds were getting bigger and lower.  Then Splot! Splat! Splat! came the rain drops.  This next photo was taken through my windshield.  We only had a few more minutes to go before we made it to our driveway.


We made it!  It was wasn't raining very hard when we pulled into the driveway, hopped out of the car, and made a dash for the house.  Tootsie and I were a bit tired, but very happy little campers after our days' outing.  We were out for close to four very enjoyable hours.

I hope that every one else who was out doing a Photo Walk had as good a time as we had.  Mother Nature, Tootsie and I thank you for the wonderful day.  It couldn't have been better!!

Now it's time for me to get dressed and think about what Tootsie and I will have for lunch.  It's a bit early, but we have been trying to have our lunch earlier.  This way, maybe Tootsie will be hungry enough to eat all of her supper later.  Most days it works.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

seamhead gypsy said...

Seeing as how it was my wife's birthday on photo day, and that she likes the theatre, we drove 2 hours to Cincinnati to see the broadway performance of Beauty and the Beast. I missed photo day as well as the baseball games, but my wife was happy and our 7 year old was thrilled. Making those memories was worth every minute of it!

I visited Plymouth Harbour once when we lived up in NH and have that same picture (without Tootsie of course) of the Mayflower. Is the famous rock still on display?

The Queen Jester said...

I recall visiting a living history place such as this, it may have been the same one. I just love those kinds of places to have history recreated right in front of you.

smiekeltje said...

So happy for you that your photo walk turned out to be an enjoyable one! You just had the good part of the day.
Strange idea, isn;t it, to see the Mayflower and realizing, that on that ship your ancestors came over?
Pity, nobody else had time to accompany you, but sometimes it also turned out the good way, to do it on your own.
Ilove to make the walks with Jan, but both of us enjoy it too, to go out on our own sometimes. LOL.
Is Tootsie doing a little bit better? Gice her a nice cuddle from me.
Have a wonderful day
Hugs
Kyra