Thursday, October 6, 2011

I'm Feeling That Autumn Chill This Morning

October 6, 2011

Good morning.  The sun is shining, but it's a bit chilly.  You can definitely feel Autumn in the air.  I will have to be calling the service man to have the furnace cleaned.  I don't ever turn on the heat until everything has been checked and cleaned. 

I still have my cold, but there's good chance that I'll survive it.  I bought a bagful of cold remedies at the drugstore Tuesday, and so far they are helping to keep me functioning somewhat.  I must admit though, that I have been spending lots of time in bed.  I figure the more I sleep, the less I cough and sneeze.

I have arranged to stay home from work tomorrow, and hopefully by this weekend I will be feeling much better.  My trip to the supermarket was postponed, but I do have to go there soon.  Tootsie is running out of dry food and treats.  And I am running out of coffee.  Treats and coffee are two things that we don't like to run out of. 

While we were at Plymouth, I saw four different commorants swimming around in the Harbor.  Here are two of them. I've made a close up so that you can see that they are enjoying fish for lunch.



You won't believe this, but there was also a gorgeous white swan swimming around in the harbor with the commorants and even a few ducks.  I don't think I've ever seen a swan swimming in ocean water. 


Well, that's it for now.  It's time to see about brunch for myself and Tootsie.  Later, I want to work on my photo class lessons.  Stay warm and well folks.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

We too feel definately Autumn in the air.
Wish you all luck with your cold, that it may disappear real soon!
Stay warm, take extra naps.
Have a lovely day, enjoying your free time.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I put the furnace on before I left Wisconsin. Imagine my surprise to be in New York and now Massachusetts and find it 80 degrees. I guess I should have packed fewer long sleeved items. Oh well.....it's so beautiful out here I hardly notice.